ID:277654

Is it price the developing team the game it's self? if so what about the game enticed you to getting it?
An enticing cover is a must to lure the eye in, even though it really shouldn't be. A decent description of what it is actually about on the back, and why it is better than other similiar games. And most of all, for me at least; decent multiplayer. 2 players is acceptable, 4 is much better. I don't care about Online Multi much, I need to be able to grab my three best mates and chill on my Wii/DC/GC/PS/XBox of whatever all together at the same time.

~Ease~
X-tremEdge wrote:
Is it price the developing team the game it's self? if so what about the game enticed you to getting it?

Prices for games are always expensive, so I don't generally look at price except to know if I can afford it or not. The first thing I look at is what type of genre is it? I really like role playing, horror, sims and sometimes the occasionally FPS. If it is any one, or combination of these genres I seriously consider it. I then look at who is the developer. While this isn't a huge seller for me, there are some developers I avoid, while there are others I love.
I normally read reviews on games before I buy them, and if the reviews go well and it's a type of game I'm already interested in, I'll buy it. But when I'm assessing a game, I normally try to conceive it's overall value to me. A short game may be worth as much as a long game, as long as I have a blast while it lasts. In reverse, a long game might not be worth my money because it is boring and drags on and on. T

here are also other factors, such as the interface or graphics that come into play. Many FPSs would be great, if they had enough detail to tell an enemy from a rock. Many games have bulky HUDs that make it impossible to enjoy, even if the gameplay would otherwise be fun.

Also, having a nice learning curve is very good for pulling in consumers. I've played way too many games that expect me to jump right into the action and correctly use all 16 buttons and both analog sticks without a problem. It isn't going to happen. The games need a system of slowly enhancing difficulty that starts out rather easy with just a few buttons used that moves up slowly.

And the last non-gameplay related part of a game is the camera. Many a game have been ruined by a bad camera angle. Granted, in 2D games this is almost unimportant, but even then it needs to be taken into consideration. I hate it when an enemy pops up from behind a tree that my character would have been able to see with no problem.

I don't know what you are asking that in reference to. I'm not sure if you are making a game, and thinking about pricing schemes, or just want to know how other evaluate a games worth.
In response to Danial.Beta
The reason i ask is because. in the near future around 2009 maybe or earlier i will be doing production on a Wii/Xbowx 360 game indpendant of course using the Montral lable Ubi soft, and i guess this is a marketing thing i guess or a ask the people kinda thing. no title story 1/4 is done and stuff but i will post the story in a webpage so i don't use up byonds posting thing and i wont double post. Also i am finished my 3 year course in game design and 1 year left in business school . of course i am running the game story line ect. and some 3d modeling but mostly business stuff
In response to X-tremEdge
Well one thing is, the more original the better, Don't be afraid to try new things and concepts that might seem weird or crazy, those ideas sometimes come off as the most fun.
Insane customizability.
In response to Foomer
I agree with Foomer for once. I love it when you can change almost every aspect of your character. In Fable you were supposed to be able to change almost every feature of your character to the point where no two characters look the same. Then when the game came out it wasn't anything like they promised.
For me, it depends on the game.

If the game is something like an MMORPG, I look for things like Player to Player interactivity (Mostly how Group Play and PvP are handled).

An Action Game, I look for engaging and exhilarating battles.

A Strategy Game, I look to see how important strategy can get (Some RTSs just award whoever can make the most units the fastest)