ID:277931

A couple days ago they found a big foot body in goergia.

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2008/08/15/ big-foot-discovery.html

Here are some of the vital statistics on the "Bigfoot" body:

*The creature is seven feet seven inches tall.

*It weighs over five hundred pounds.

*The creature looks like it is part human and part ape-like.

*It is male.

*It has reddish hair and blackish-grey eyes.

*It has two arms and two legs, and five fingers on each hand and
five toes on each foot.

*The feet are flat and similar to human feet.

*Its footprint is sixteen and three-quarters inches long and five
and three-quarters inches wide at
the heel.

*From the palm of the hand to the tip of the middle finger, its
hands are eleven and three-quarters inches
long and six and one-quarter inches wide.

*The creatures walk upright. (Several of them were sighted on the
same day that the body was found.)

*The teeth are more human-like than ape-like.

*DNA tests are currently being done and the current DNA and photo
evidence will be presented at the press
conference on Friday, August 15th.

It's a hoax. The folks at BFRO debunked it even before the press conference.

Lummox JR
I'm curious, what would the DNA tests be searching for, if it were real?
Along with what Lummox said, Biscardi, the guy who claims he has Bigfoot’s body, is notorious for pulling Bigfoot hoaxes. So there is one reason you can not believe this for one second. Here is a picture I grabbed from the BFRO site showing how this is a costum with probably an animals body inside, perhaps a bears.

http://www.makeupandmonsters.com/FAKE_Bigfoot_stories.htm

All this was is Biscardi’s attempt at getting his “15 minutes of fame” once again, and it is a shame.
In response to Popisfizzy
It would probably be to check how closely related it is to humans etc. It might also be able to check if it's a hoax or not; an autopsy would be better for that, though.
In response to Jeff8500
Jeff8500 wrote:
It would probably be to check how closely related it is to humans etc. It might also be able to check if it's a hoax or not; an autopsy would be better for that, though.

4% Human. 96% Opossum.

George Gough
Now we know why the Russians acted so swiftly.
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
Now we know why the Russians acted so swiftly.

I don't know what is funnier...that statement or the fact that people believe that it really was Bigfoot.

George Gough
In response to KodeNerd
The latter is somewhat more sad than funny so I'd say the former.
In response to Calus CoRPS
I know this is more than likely just a hoax, but that website you linked to was absolutely horrible and proved nothing (other than trying to compare a costume to a really poor quality image).
It basically says "This is fake because it is obviously fake, I mean, just look at how fake it is, what a fake if I ever saw a fake.
PS. Fake"
OH MY GOD SOMEONE SHOT CHEWBACCA
In response to Hazman
Its funny , I was scrolling through this thread ,looking for a comment exactly like yours. And what do you know !
In response to TaintedSoul707
Why didn't you look for my lost million dollars lottery ticket instead?
In response to Lummox JR
I don't know. The fact is no one is going to know until someone actually investigates it and does some real test work on it.

Of course people are going to be skeptical, but at the same time, you should also keep an open mind about it at the same time. The website trying to debunk the bigfoot body wasn't very good or convincing.

In response to Trosh Kubyo
Trosh Kubyo wrote:
Of course people are going to be skeptical, but at the same time, you should also keep an open mind about it at the same time.

Not about an obviously stupid myth like Bigfoot. If something extraordinary was to actually occur, it would not be a myth invented years before by some joker, it would be something unexpected. There's no reason to believe it.
Trosh Kubyo wrote:
I don't know. The fact is no one is going to know until someone actually investigates it and does some real test work on it.

As I already said, the BFRO folks debunked this before the story was even out. BFRO is an organization that believes in the existence of the sasquatch creature and gathers info on the phenomenon. That community weighed in based on the fact that they know the person behind this "discovery" to be a hoaxster already, and they have experience debunking him as well as other hoaxsters.

In other words, this is not only just like a bunch of UFO enthusiasts debunking an alien encounter video, but also pointing out the seams in the cheesy costumes and throwing popcorn at the screen. The BFRO people get enough flak from the public that they don't want to be associated with obvious frauds, so they did the responsible thing and ripped his story to shreds before the media did.

Lummox JR
In response to Kaioken
I never said there was a reason to believe it, but I didn't say there wasn't a reason not to believe it either. Those people who so called "debunked" the big foot discovery, have not actually seen the corpse in person, so besides seeing some pictures, they haven't had any sort of investigation on it. All they said was, it looks like a mask with false teeth and balogina in it's mouth. Yeah, that is some good investigation right there boys!

Obviously there is reason to believe that it is fake, I am not saying that. But you can't take one picture and say, "yep it's fake". I am not taking either sources seriously right now. Thats my stance. It could go either way and I still would not be surprised.

As far as big foot being a stupid "myth". That is just plain ignorant. Just because you don't see something, doesn't mean it isn't real. Look at Pike, they are prehistoric fish. And there are still tons of things in the depths of the ocean we have not been able to study or investigate properly. The possibility of there being some sort of missing link or humanoid that has survived for such a long time isn't that unbelievable.
Trosh Kubyo wrote:
I never said there was a reason to believe it, but I didn't say there wasn't a reason not to believe it either.

Not meaning to argue much, but there is: it's a known myth. A made-up story. See my previous post on how if some extraordinary discovery such as this, the chances of it really being Bigfoot-like, which means nature conforming to man-made myths, is low, and it would not be immediately identified as Bigfoot off the bat - now seriously, that's a pretty obvious attempt to prank others. If serious people discovered something like this, they'll say it's some type of ape or something, not a creature of the species 'Bigfoot' right off the bat.

As far as big foot being a stupid "myth". That is just plain ignorant. Just because you don't see something, doesn't mean it isn't real.

But the thing an ignorant man would do is swallow all those pranks like that without thinking. See above why something like this truly happening is unrealistic. Also, that argument is really quite a for-nothing proof (the last sentence in the above quoted text). Just because you don't see something, doesn't mean it IS real. Just because someone claims he sees something, doesn't mean it IS real, either.
Of course, I'm a highly work-by-plain-logic sort of guy, so I naturally don't really believe in these things, or even God (which is actually similar, as IMO (and other atheists') it is also similarly a man-made myth, but let's not get into that as it's too controversial to discuss peacefully).

The possibility of there being some sort of missing link or humanoid that has survived for such a long time isn't that unbelievable.

The known saying "everything is possible" is very often true, and is, in a situation like this (eg. it's possible aliens might exist, as well as other unknown life forms). Thing is, that does not mean you should believe everything just because of that.
In response to Kaioken
Kaioken wrote:
Trosh Kubyo wrote:
I never said there was a reason to believe it, but I didn't say there wasn't a reason not to believe it either.

Not meaning to argue much, but there is: it's a known myth. A made-up story. See my previous post on how if some extraordinary discovery such as this, the chances of it really being Bigfoot-like, which means nature conforming to man-made myths, is low, and it would not be immediately identified as Bigfoot off the bat - now seriously, that's a pretty obvious attempt to prank others. If serious people discovered something like this, they'll say it's some type of ape or something, not a creature of the species 'Bigfoot' right off the bat.

But Bigfoot is in fact a well known American myth after all. Just like the Lockness Monster. And most myth and legend does have some truth behind it. I know if I saw something like this rotting in the woods, I'd say something along the lines of "This looks like a Bigfoot or something.", people are familiar with the idea. Don't speak for everyone, you might think thats how serious people talk, that doesn't mean that is going to be every persons' reaction, serious or not.

As far as big foot being a stupid "myth". That is just plain ignorant. Just because you don't see something, doesn't mean it isn't real.

But the thing an ignorant man would do is swallow all those pranks like that without thinking. See above why something like this truly happening is unrealistic. Also, that argument is really quite a for-nothing proof (the last sentence in the above quoted text). Just because you don't see something, doesn't mean it IS real. Just because someone claims he sees something, doesn't mean it IS real, either.
Of course, I'm a highly work-by-plain-logic sort of guy, so I naturally don't really believe in these things, or even God (which is actually similar, as IMO (and other atheists') it is also similarly a man-made myth, but let's not get into that as it's too controversial to discuss peacefully).

The possibility of there being some sort of missing link or humanoid that has survived for such a long time isn't that unbelievable.

The known saying "everything is possible" is very often true, and is, in a situation like this (eg. it's possible aliens might exist, as well as other unknown life forms). Thing is, that does not mean you should believe everything just because of that.

I don't know if you are trying to suggest I do or not. I am simply taking the stance that 1.) I have not seen anything in person and 2.) Neither has the people who are trying to debunk it. I am not saying I "believe" it is a rotting corpse of a Bigfoot, I am simply saying that, it is as possible as it is impossible and won't call anyone a liar until I see further evidence present itself.

Right now everyone is going on hearsay, and while the people running the whole operation is notorious for running hoaxes, that doesn't mean this time it might be the honest truth. I'll just sit back and watch as news developes.
Trosh Kubyo wrote:
But Bigfoot is in fact a well known American myth after all. Just like the Lockness Monster.

Yes, like I said - why "but?".

And most myth and legend does have some truth behind it.

Not really. They certainly have reason behind them and causes for their creation, but they don't necessarily (and a lot of them don't) have anything to do with truth. A myth is by definition unproven/unprovable and generally unbelievable.

I know if I saw something like this rotting in the woods, I'd say something along the lines of "This looks like a Bigfoot or something.", people are familiar with the idea.

Yes, and I know I wouldn't even though I'm familiar with the idea. :o

Don't speak for everyone, you might think thats how serious people talk,

My bad, I meant serious scientists. And they certainly wouldn't call it Bigfoot right off the bat seriously, since science is about strict fact/proof and "against" myths.

that doesn't mean that is going to be every persons' reaction, serious or not.

Duh. But read above.

I don't know if you are trying to suggest I do or not. I am simply taking the stance that 1.) I have not seen anything in person and 2.) Neither has the people who are trying to debunk it. [...]

I am not saying you believe it, but I am saying there's really no reason to believe to. These things have been going for years and years, and multiple (lots of) similar claims and "discoveries" were debunked in the past, perhaps some of those more believable than this one, so what makes you think this one is any more real? Especially when it's by very known hoaxers, it's quite silly to believe they are saying the truth while knowing that, if for no other reason.

and while the people running the whole operation is notorious for running hoaxes, that doesn't mean this time it might be the honest truth.

True, but it does, really, mean that the highest probability is that it's just a prank, and it's very unlikely that it's true. Additionally, if this was true, they would not want to make it officially/announced that the discoverers are the same known pranksters again, since it'd have been obvious people like me would immediately dismiss them, and rightfully so. Also known as the "Wolf! Wolf!" kind-of phenomenon.
Page: 1 2