In response to Atomic1fire
Atomic1fire wrote:
chrome is much faster then internet explorer, both in install and uninsall

lol wut?
In response to SuperAntx
You are able to install Internet Explorer.

George Gough
In response to KodeNerd
KodeNerd wrote:
You are able to install Internet Explorer.

Thanks for the info, Captain Obvious.

Internet Explorer comes preinstalled on Windows machines so there's no reason to install it. I doubt anyone with Linux is going to set up WINE just to use IE either.

Snorg Flop
In response to SuperAntx
I merely assumed that you might not know that Internet Explorer can be installed. I have personally installed different versions of IE in order to test web pages.

About the only Linux user that I know of that does use IE a little is for when he does web design/development.

George Gough
In response to SuperAntx
I use IE under Wine in order to test web page layout - at some point IE 6's market share will be so low that we don't have to worry about its bugs, but in the meantime serious web developers still have to worry about that steaming pile.
In response to PirateHead
What is funny is that if you have Vista you cannot even run IE6 natively. It is a good thing that my school still uses it or else my website would look really bad in that browser.

George Gough
In response to KodeNerd
Why is Internet Explorer the only browser that lets you turn off tabs? (At least, between IE, Chrome, Opera, and the last time I tried FireFox)

I like to be able to Alt+Tab through all of my windows, not Alt+Tab through some and Ctrl+Tab through the others =\

Does everyone else use their (gasp) mouse or something? I've never heard people complain about this before; I guess it's just me =( So that's why I use IE7~

As far as Chrome goes, I tried it out but I hate how there are fewer than 15 options that you can customize in the main options window. I like options D: Today I also noticed a lovely "GoogleUpdater.exe" task running in the background... as opposed to, like, checking for updates when I open the browser or something... I don't like Google in the first place for some reason, but their browser does not seem special~
In response to Cowdude
I use my mouse to middle-click and I frequently use ctrl+tab and ctrl+w or ctrl+n to close an open tabs. I never alt+tab through web pages - tabs all the way, baby.
In response to Cowdude
Tabs can be disabled in firefox.
about:config

Cowdude wrote:
I don't like Google in the first place for some reason

For some reason, meaning you have no idea why you don't like Google? Then you're just not liking them to not like them. That has got to be one of the dumber things I have ever heard, right after someone repeatedly answering "yes" to a question asking "why?"
In response to Cowdude
One of the main advantages of tabs is that they don't fill up your task bar or your alt-tab list. I normally run with 4-10 tabs open(never less than 4). On top of that, I normally have 2-5 folders open, a music player, a picture editor, often a video game, and whatever other program I'm using for the day. All this adds up to one full taskbar, so I like essentially having a second taskbar for a specific group.

But, as others have said, you can basically "disable" tabs from the about:config page(put about:config in your address bar). If you want options, they're there.
In response to Cowdude
Cowdude wrote:
Today I also noticed a lovely "GoogleUpdater.exe" task running in the background... as opposed to, like, checking for updates when I open the browser or something... I don't like Google in the first place for some reason, but their browser does not seem special~

I noticed that too, wasn't really impressed. I like Chrome but whilst watching YouTube videos, or closing down heavy pages, it gives me a big lag.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8782
I use that until I wait for a stable release ^_^
Page: 1 2 3