ID:278043

Right now I have one desk and two computers in my apartment. I gave my girlfriend the desk because her PC is a lot nicer then mine, and she uses her's a lot more then mine. My PC has a S-Video plug on it and I was using that..

But then I started to notice a yellow spot on the right side of my TV. It would appear after about 5 minuets of my PC being turned on and displayed on my TV set. If I unplugged the S-Video plug and waited a little bit, the spot would go away. It looked a little bit like magnetic damage, so I stopped using it.

Well last night I got a multi-tap adapter for all my multimedia devices, like my DVD player or Super Nintendo. It also had a bunch of S-Video spots on it. So I hooked up my PC again, but this time around, I rigged it up through the audio video cables instead of having a S-Video cable directly plugged into the TV set. It seemed to work for awhile, but.. After about 20 minuets, a purple spot started to show up on the opposite side of where the yellow spot would appear.

My question is, have any of you had this happen before? Do you know what this is? Do you think it is something that could damage my TV or what? Right now I am refraining from using my PC on my TV set.
So it's only your PC doing it to your TV? Not your game consoles or cable box? That is odd. I recommend making sure you are sending the correct resolution and refresh rate out through the S-Video. Besides that, your TV shouldn't be taking signals that can damage it, it should automatically scale or refuse the signal. Then again, old CRT TVs probably didn't both regulating the signal.
In response to Danial.Beta
possibly a strong magnetic source near those corners, like speakers or stereo amplifiers or a PC power supply?

can you provide screenshots of the tv and it's surroundings?
In response to digitalmouse
Well since the PC is actually near the TV the power supply thing might be the case. I recently removed my computer from the TV area just to be safe.

Something odd I noticed though, is that there is still like a purple-ish spot on the TV, but only on my input 1 and 2 channels and only on certain colors.

Example, I was playing Final Fantasy Mystic Quest and the grass shows the purple spot, as does like, part of the blue window, but you can't see the purple spot on the white text, or like on the world map. I am wondering if the TV is going to die on my soon or something.
In response to Trosh Kubyo
When a TV gets exposed to another magnetic field the distortion can be left behind after you remove the problem.

A degaussing coil can easily remove that particular problem. Find someone who has one (and knows how to use it) or check at your local tv-repair or electronics shop (or local Radio Shack for example) for help.
In response to digitalmouse
Turning the TV off and unplugging it from the wall for 24 hours can also help.
Well I have been playing around. It appears the color distortion only shows up in certain colors. Such as blues and reds, and then the colors are only tweaked. Like a blue to a purple and a red to an orange, and its only in one small spot.

It dosen't show up on all channels and only shows up in a small spot on the side of the TV, only in certain colors and that is it. The TV is old, at least a few years and is a tube standard TV. I think it is just getting old.