ID:278061

Okay since I have Comcast at my house, I can get McAfee for free. However, whenever I try to get the .exe going, it asks me if I want to debug it. I click yes, and it opens up the scripting for the program, I assume.

An alert message then appears saying, "Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object required". When I click Continue, it repeats the alert message, so I click on Break and it brings me to the line where its having issues with.

function release(element)
{
if(!element)
{
element = document.getElementById(btnSubmitElem);
}
element.style.top='0px'; //It points to this line right here with a yellow arrow
element.style.left='0px';
}

Does anyone know how to fix this or should I send an email to Comcast?
What is MxAFee? If it's an anti-virus just ditch it for something else. Try also saying to not debug it. See what happens.

George Gough
In response to KodeNerd
I assume the OP meant Macafee or whatever it's called. Either way, Avast! is better better, my family has Macafee on our main desktop, and I don't think it does as good a job.
In response to Jeff8500
I did not ask what would be a better anti-virus program, I asked if there was anyone who knew how to fix the runtime error it's giving me. And if you can't whether I should email Comcast about it.

Amd yes, I did mean McAfee.
In response to KodeNerd
Jee... Lets NOT fix the bug. Lets see how THAT works out... >_>
In response to Spunky_Girl
You should probably contact them, or even better, the company that created Mcafee themselves >_>. Either way, avast! is still better and free.
In response to Jeff8500
Jeff8500 wrote:
You should probably contact them, or even better, the company that created Mcafee themselves >_>. Either way, avast! is still better and free.

I've never even heard of Avast!, its only free for 60 days according to its website, and according to what he's saying here; he's getting McAfee for free. If you're going to babble on about some random software being better than another; feel free to provide some proof, or at least some BS reasons that you just make up.
In response to Falacy
McAfee is free for me as long as my parents remain Comcast customers :) I have no intention of looking up Avast! since some of my friends who've used it don't like it at all ^-^ Sorry Jeff, but I'll go by my friends' words over yours on this one :\
In response to Falacy
You're looking at the wrong version, avast! is completely free. Here's my proof: my family gets viruses from P2P programs (in other words, my sister) while I don't. I also get alerted to any viruses in any files I may be downloading, while my family's computer constantly gets infected by things like that. Either Mcafee handles things quietly, or it has flaws; I dislike either option there, I prefer to know if what I'm doing is wrong.
In response to Jeff8500
That's where you're wrong again. McAfee totally alerts you when you change something, kind of like Spybot Search and Destroy. It gives you the option to Block or Allow a program, and tells you when it's blocked/destroyed a virus from infecting your computer. If it doesn't then you changed the settings.
It must not have a very good virus database, then, because no one in my family would dare change the settings.
In response to Jeff8500
It has a great database. It's one of the better anti-virus softwares out there. It even surpasses Norton (which isn't hard to do), and borderlines with Spybot (I consider Spybot a great anti-virus as well as malware/adware/spyware).

I've used McAfee for a few years on my old computer and never got any viruses. It was the family computer, so everyone used it, especially for the internet.

Whatever McAfee doesn't have, Spybot fills in either way. McAfee has updates close to every 2-4 days. There are a few times where there isn't an update for a week, but that's rare. Schools even use McAfee (as an added note).
Spunky_Girl wrote:
It has a great database. It's one of the better anti-virus softwares out there. It even surpasses Norton (which isn't hard to do), and borderlines with Spybot (I consider Spybot a great anti-virus as well as malware/adware/spyware).

I've used McAfee for a few years on my old computer and never got any viruses. It was the family computer, so everyone used it, especially for the internet.

Whatever McAfee doesn't have, Spybot fills in either way. McAfee has updates close to every 2-4 days. There are a few times where there isn't an update for a week, but that's rare. Schools even use McAfee (as an added note).

Both McAfee and Norton suck, alot. Check out these charts:

http://www.av-comparatives.org/seiten/ergebnisse_2008_11.php
http://www.av-comparatives.org/seiten/ergebnisse_2008_08.php

AntiVir and AVK both fare way, way better. My personal favorite, Nod32, also compared much better than both McAfee and Norton.

Just sayin...

(I also want to point out, schools are the last institutions you want to take into account when considering software. They get their software from the cheapest bidder, not the best candidate for the job).
In response to Jerico2day
That site doesn't allow you to link to their tables. Go here and find it if you want to see them.

It would be important to note that while avast! had quite a few false positives, it ranked much higher than Mcafee, which Norton even beat.