ID:278065

I keep getting an internal server error whenever I try to post a new message on Firefox! >.< It's not just BYOND either, it's happening with other sites like Myspace and Hotmail.
Maybe it's you ISP?

Try other browsers first.
I suspect Firefox is not the problem--though I'd try other browsers to see. An internal server error should always be a problem at the website end, not your end, so you shouldn't be getting them on any site you try to post to.

One thing you could test is if this happens with all POST requests. Try editing your blog layout. That page uses AJAX and any changes should fail if this is happening for all POST requests.

Since there's absolutely no reason a POST should fail but a GET succeed across all sites, there are three likely possibilities: 1) The browser is indeed messed up and might need to be reinstalled or at least restarted. 2) An add-on might be interfering with the request; try disabling add-ons to see if that fixes the problem. 3) A virus could be interfering with your outbound HTTP traffic.

If this problem crops up in other browsers too, you're likely dealing with an infection of some kind.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
For future possible victims of this same virus, I will describe what this virus basically does from what I can tell.

I was told that it's a fairly new virus that exploits Java. What it does to your computer may vary, but I will tell you what it did to mine.

1. Some desktop shortcuts and programs such as Spybot Search and Destroy were prevented from executing. I was able to execute Internet Explorer, however, by using the source .exe file in the Program Files folder.

2. In Firefox, some "buttons" like BYOND's Post button and Myspace's Reply button and some Hotmail links would never load and sometimes get an internal error.

3. In Internet Explorer, ANY AND ALL pictures did NOT display and some web pages would not load, that normally would otherwise, such as .php pages. But links like BYOND's Post button and Myspace's Reply button DID work, which is how I managed to post this thread.

And that's pretty much all I had issues with... I got Avast! and it seems to have found it. Key word though, "seems".