ID:278095

I must've missed something. Why is the Developer Forum staff not deleting/closing/moving anime related threads anymore? o.o
Masterdan complained, we debated, Tom agreed with Masterdan. Our new "official policy"* seems to be more along the lines of deleting poorly written ads (ones that don't provide information or follow the template), and possibly giving those who post Anime ads a helping hand in finding the Anime forum. We're not supposed to close/delete threads strictly for being Anime-based anymore, though.

Personally, I'm still in favor of wasting the Classified Ads forum entirely.

* I use the term "policy" lightly, as there isn't exactly one to be followed, especially regarding what is deleted/moved/closed for the rest of the forum. On the matter of Anime in Classified Ads, however, Tom has spoken. Sorry.
As has always been the case on BYOND, we revise our policy when it fails to serve its purpose in some aspect. The intent of the Anime-related policy was never to make anyone feel shunned, and so we have momentarily changed the way we deal with Anime ads in Classified Ads to see how that works out.

However, moderator policy is never something discussed on these forums. If you've got reason to dispute policy or have a complaint, please use the support form. I think this is sufficiently answered, so I'll close it.