ID:278420

Anyone who've ever made a game (From scratch) might get to the point were the game is playable but pointless and have no or little interest left in the game. So my question is do you man up and finish it even though it mean nothing to you any more or do you just stop right there and save it on your computer just to come back to it a few years from now you find it then delete it. Or the last choice to put out the source on byond and see what other people could do with it... which kind of worries me because it could easily be converted into a Avatar game then byond will have plenty of DBZ, Bleach, Naruto, and Avatar games.
Hmmm.... Well if you have lost interest in the game but you see potential in it, then it might be a good idea to make it into an open source project for others to continue. It could be converted into a anime game or what have you but honestly, if someone is willing to put forth all that effort then it might actually make a decent game. Most rippers find a game that is already similar to there genre so they don't have to do a lot of work to convert it into a new game.

But if the game is done decently and has potential and you don't feel as though you are really going to continue working on it, then it would be a nice resource for those who are interested in continuing or learning from the source.

Just my opinion.

As a side question, what game are you talking about? If you don't mind me asking.

As a side side note, I never see you on MSN anymore. =[
I would strip the source down to the basic system so they could use it as a skeleton but not just completely rip the game. Then release it.
I would just quit and start making something new. i got like 20+ games like this... one day i might finish one. finished and polished games are great to make live. a 80-90% done game can be a nightmare of bugs and you need a lot of interest in the game to keep fixing and to keep the game going... build something original that your interested in thats my advice.. if you have a game somewhat finished you can always use that code to help build something your interested in.