ID:2784460

After Mother Nature arranged for us to have an unfortunate and highly late visit from Aunt Sno, mainly because when it doesn't snow on Easter around here it's a break from tradition, we may be on track for spring in earnest.

This week I've been hard at work on the map editor. I wanted to add a properties pane and make the "pop" palette much more functional before release, and after a lot of grueling battles with Windows code I finally got the properties pane working. And it's a much, much nicer way to edit things so I definitely made the right call. That's the good news.

The bad news is that this completely broke the already tenuous and flaky undo/redo support in the map editor. That was already held together by duct tape and magic, and there was no way in the world I was gonna be able, or willing, to try patching that. So I've embarked on a plan to completely upend the undo/redo stuff and at the same time also change the way movables are handled on the map, which has been a major source of problems in itself. So suffice it to say I've bit off a project and a half here, but it's extremely worth doing because it will massively improve the code and make all of this so much easier to work with: from my end and the user end both.

So that's the CliffsNotes version of what happened this week. I'll go into more detail on Patreon because there's a lot of technical stuff involved.

Thank you to everyone who's supported BYOND lately through your Memberships, donations, and on our other donation platforms. I can't do this without you.

The sun is shining (for now), the grass is green(ish), and the daffodils have decided once again, way too early as is their wont, that spring is finally here. Watch out for pollen, and things that look like pollen under a microscope.