ID:278451

Hey guys! ^^ I just signed up and really wanna play some games. My personal preference is Roleplaying Games, different from Action RPG's. Does anyone know any good games that can fuel my sick addiction to Roleplaying?

- ^^ Much love, Sonnet Raven
If you mean roleplaying in the sense you create your own character and well... roleplay it, then I shamefully suggest my own, ReiaMaps. If you mean a role-playing game as in you have stats and turn-based battle, I suggest Regressia or NEStalgia.
In response to LordAndrew
Shamefully? Shamelessly?
(The former implies you think your game is terrible, the latter implies you think your game is great.)
In response to Naokohiro
I think he meant shameful in that he's kind of advertising his own game on the Community Forums, or in that it's a tad conceited to suggest your own game as good.
In response to LordAndrew
LordAndrew wrote:
If you mean roleplaying in the sense you create your own character and well... roleplay it, then I shamefully suggest my own, ReiaMaps. If you mean a role-playing game as in you have stats and turn-based battle, I suggest Regressia or NEStalgia.

To add to your suggestions I'd also throw in Teridal.
In response to Majin Furble
Roleplaying games, ones where you create a character and, well, roleplay. I don't really do Action RPG's like that Teridal...
In response to Sonnet Raven
There are a few RP games I play, and many more that I don't. Primarily Dragon Ball RP games, a couple of which are not searchable because they allow players to "pay for perks". Though there are also 2 other RP games that were originally Dragon Ball, but now have become more original (without sacrificing the high-powered fighting that's a hallmark of Dragon Ball). All these games have a variety of methods players use to train themselves.

I'll start with the original ones, then list the Dragon Ball ones.

http://www.byond.com/games/ Archonex.PhoenixSunderedEarth?tab=index (quite popular)

http://www.byond.com/games/Lizard_Sphere_X/1 (has an abusive host but is otherwise OK)

http://www.byond.com/games/ Sweep.DragonballGenerations?tab=index (excellent Dragon Ball RP game, has flaws but overall it's good - major updates being worked on, so I hear)

http://www.byond.com/games/ RankoChan.DragonballEncoreReborn?tab=index (a pretty good game too, though it can be boring if there's no one to RP with)

http://db-zee.com/.byond (Dragon Ball RP games/host files by Dragonn - note a few people do buy "packages" that give them an advantage, but those are time-limited)

Not sure what kind of RP game you're looking for, but maybe this'll help?
In response to Ryuujin
Eh, not to be rude in any sense of the word, but most Dragonball games are, how to put it lightly?...Crap. They're spam train games that involve no story elements in them at all. In my opinion, try games with an actual story you can follow, most RP Unlimited servers (Except for the "Utopia" server) involve a lot of detail orientated concepts. It's a text based Roleplaying medium, which makes it that much more flexible. On a side-note, the reason I point out one server as being sub-par, is because it is a cyber central and filled with trolls, idiots, and other annoying internet creatures. However it's nice that it's there, it cleans up the player base for all of the other servers, keeping the bad players stuck to the bad roleplay.

- Danbriggs
In response to Danbriggs
The amount of generalisation in your post is both ... aggrevating and saddening.

It's like a taste in music, just because there's a genre you don't like doesn't mean it can't produce quality music.
In response to Emasym
I've played most of the Dragonball games on BYOND. None of them really seemed to grab my attention or win me over in any fashion. If my generalization is aggravating, Good, It should be, because games that don't capture the player to keep them interested Aggravate me. As for your taste in music analogy, I agree. There are several Genre's of music which, generally, I can't stand, however I have heard songs from them that I like. Tying that fact into the Dragonball games on BYOND, I never said that people couldn't produce quality DB game, the only problem is people generally HAVEN'T produced any quality DB games. If one comes along that is just really good, with an excellent story, does away with dummy training (My BIGGEST Pet peeve in RPG's) and can keep my attention, I'll play it. Until that time however, I'll enjoy my DB-less existence.

- Danbriggs
In response to Danbriggs
Danbriggs wrote:
Tying that fact into the Dragonball games on BYOND, I never said that people couldn't produce quality DB game, the only problem is people generally HAVEN'T produced any quality DB games.

You can't say that objectively AND without having played them all. :)
In response to Emasym
Shall I be blunt? I hate DBZ. It's an awful medium for an RPG, and even worse for roleplaying. Most are bad rips made by newbie coders who don't even understand what a winset() function does. Besides, this topic is dead at this point. Sonnet's playing on RPU right now anyways, so It's not much help to just sit here and argue over a moot point.
Cow RP is also a good RP game, you are a cow and you have to act like Human, there are also jobs in that game like King, Knight, Guard, Peasant etc. But that game is down a lot.