ID:2787359

Hello which processor should i choose for my server(ss13)?

I was using i7-9700k and that was good but some reasons i had to change my host now i have chance to get i9-9900k or ryzen 9-5950x but i think ryzen is not good idea for ss13.
BYOND can only use a single core so I'd assume anything with the better fastest (per core) speed.
I9-9900K simply because of the better single core speed. but I'm not sure if the ryzen 9-5950x is faster at single core loads, you may have to look up a benchmark for the better CPU. but in my opinion, hosting ss13 is a bit overkill on any of those processors. as you'd do just fine with an i7 4790k and even that is overkill.
In response to Smdytb1
Smdytb1 wrote:
I9-9900K simply because of the better single core speed. but I'm not sure if the ryzen 9-5950x is faster at single core loads, you may have to look up a benchmark for the better CPU. but in my opinion, hosting ss13 is a bit overkill on any of those processors. as you'd do just fine with an i7 4790k and even that is overkill.

Funny, I just looked up the 5950x, go with that one. highest single core performance I've seen yet
In response to Smdytb1
so you mean this is all about ghz
In response to LeserZ
LeserZ wrote:
so you mean this is all about ghz

no. this is all about single core performance, that changes regardless of ghz