Genesis

by UnknownHobbit
This is a roleplaying game inspired by Generations.
ID:2793245

Applies to:

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Yardrats should be the only race that can teach Instant Transmission, there should be no cap in how many people they can teach, and no Cooldowns on teaching it

Metamorans should be able to teach anybody Fusion dance, and anybody who learns fusion dance, should be able to teach anybody else. That means Fusion dance is more common, BUT, Fusion dance should have a 100% chance to take 5% of your stats+PL. Current restrictions to the skill still apply (I.E Your fusion partner has to be close to your PL and you do the dance mechanically)

Potara should be balanced, in that it only has a 30% chance to take 5% stats including PL because it's already locked behind a ranked verb. There can only be 2 Potara earrings in existence at a time.
Yes
Seems fair. I agree.
These changes seem highly redundant.

Yardrats should be the only race that can teach Instant Transmission, there should be no cap in how many people they can teach, and no Cooldowns on teaching it

What is the point of this? Yardrats do not like to teach Instant Transmission. When has the cooldown, or teaching limitation ever been a problem for genuine players in DBG? The limitations are there to prevent teach spam abuse cases caused by cliques.

Metamorans should be able to teach anybody Fusion dance, and anybody who learns fusion dance, should be able to teach anybody else.

It was already like this in DBG, albeit each player having a teaching cap. But regardless, why would you want something so powerful and abusable to be even more common?
Why are we talking about reworks? It's pointless when we don't know how they are in action already. Why ask for this when it will just postpone the game more?

Big disagree on the second one, there's no real justification for it, and as Spirit has said, you haven't even gotten to see how it works in Genesis yet. Why are you suggesting to change what you don't know anything about?
In response to Lucine
The whole reason why to make Fusion dance more common (But also have a slight stat loss) Is because Fusion dance already has Balancing mechanics built in. I.E You can't fuse with somebody outlandishly stronger than you, as well as the mechanic from DBG where you have to input the commands to do it as well, also exist.

In DBG Fusion dance was extremely rare, if it was used, it was used extremely sparingly. Basically you had to build a character around using it, and you could only teach one other person the skill. Atleast with making it more teachable, it'll be a skill that'll get more use, because it's a cool skill that I've rarely seen used.
In response to Manly-pink
Manly-pink wrote:
The whole reason why to make Fusion dance more common (But also have a slight stat loss) Is because Fusion dance already has Balancing mechanics built in. I.E You can't fuse with somebody outlandishly stronger than you, as well as the mechanic from DBG where you have to input the commands to do it as well, also exist.

In DBG Fusion dance was extremely rare, if it was used, it was used extremely sparingly. Basically you had to build a character around using it, and you could only teach one other person the skill. Atleast with making it more teachable, it'll be a skill that'll get more use, because it's a cool skill that I've rarely seen used.

Fusion Dance in DBG was rare, simply because the admins forbade you from using it prior to a fight starting to prevent "unfair advantages". --Forgetting the crucial fact that if you begin the dance during a combat scenario, it's going to be interrupted. I know this, because I used to use it and even tried using it against PooPoo when he was "super human", but was given that exact reason.
+1