ID:2797754

Descriptive Problem Summary:

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
Being able to launch games again and play them.

Actual Results:I click on join and nothing pops up for the game(s).

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Yes, every day since 6/10/2022
In other games?Yes
In other user accounts?Yes
On other computers?No I only use my gaming laptop

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) BYOND version 153.1542

Workarounds:If anyone knows a workaround that would be great! I’d love to play Shinobi RP again.

When you say "clicking join" do you mean from the website or the pager?

If the pager is not popping up, there's an easy fix for that. First, I suggest checking the task manager (in the Details pane) to see if byond.exe or dreamseeker.exe are running.

If byond.exe is running, then it may be in the wrong place on your screen. After closing byond.exe in the task manager, You can do the following:

1) Open your BYOND user data folder, which should be in Documents\BYOND.
2) Go to the cfg folder under that, and open pager.txt.
3) Remove the window-pos line, and save.

The BYOND pager should start up after that.

If on the other hand the BYOND pager is running but dreamseeker.exe won't start, I would suggest making sure your antivirus hasn't done something stupid like flag it as a problem. If so, tell your antivirus software it's a false positive (and report that to them) and you should be good to go.

If it's neither of things, it would be helpful if you could go into more detail about what's happening, step by step.
The pager works fine but the games don’t launch.

It happens on both pager and website.
I don’t have a pager.txt file. I did put everything on the allow list for my antivirus stuff, but it still doesn’t work.

I’m reinstalling the game to see if that works.
Okay I sign into BYOND pager and click on join for Shinobi RP and nothing happens. I have my firewall and antivirus both off and it still won’t work or bring up the game.
Finally got it to connect and idk how but I got back into the game I was wanting to play. I’ll give it the night and try again tomorrow.
Once again no games launch when I click on join. The pager/hub works fine but games don’t pop up like they should. I try to clear cache and get “dream seeker is running. Unable to clear cache.” When I don’t have a game up why does it say this?
When you try to join a game, does dreamseeker.exe appear in the Details tab of the task manager? Does it appear and disappear? Does it appear and just stay there?
It appears and just stays there then there's multiple instances of it because I'm trying to get into the game and nothing pops up.