Conflict

by Rod5
Conflict
This is War. No kids allowed.
ID:2822479

To anyone that reads this, I dont want you to play my game.

I want you to watch its success. I have been told for years that byond is dead, and no game will ever beat SS13, and theres no hope for the engine. So, anyone who reads this, do not play my game.

If you would like to see the 60 second tailer about my game : https://youtu.be/T7bcFGSkS88

On sep 30th,I will be releasing Conflict and it will be the largest single populated server on byond.

31e73040493164bd1.png

4.png

I do alot of DM marketing, so I know the projected numbers of people I'll see from my communities. And it looks like :

200-250 from Reddit, 50-80 from discord, and about 20-30 from byond itself.

So 270-360 players day 1

As you can gather, I got all of my community outside of people from byond. I want to prove to the developers that come after my success that byond is still a site that has potential. And I aim to show those with doubt, that its possible to contend with SS13.

Byond's Gangsta
Looking forward to it bro

this is an unedited screenshot of 'Conflict.'
i dont even have to make a joke here.
Wow, that is one busy ass interface.
"dOnT pLaY mY rip gAmE"

Community:
Rod5 wrote:
I want you to watch its success. I have been told for years that byond is dead, and no game will ever beat SS13, and theres no hope for the engine. So, anyone who reads this, do not play my game.

I want to prove to the developers that come after my success that byond is still a site that has potential. And I aim to show those with doubt, that its possible to contend with SS13.

1) What are we basing "success" on? Its unlikely SS13 makes much money, considering its rip/server structure. It also wouldn't come close to the top 100 most played games on Steam.

2) All of SS13's playerbase comes from being a youtube meme. Is that something to strive for?

3) BYOND was dead long before SS13, and is still dead along with it. I had the most played game on BYOND for 5+ years running, before SS13 destroyed my record. It barely paid minimum wage.

4) Trying to be a game developer on BYOND is like trying to win a NASCAR race on a bicycle.

5) There is no hope for this engine because it hasn't made a single improvement to itself in nearly a decade. UE5 is over here with unlimited polygons and drag n drop coding and RTX and cross platforming and scalability and infinite free art assets and countless actual success stories. Meanwhile, BYOND can't run basic pixel movement over a network because there's no client-side processing.

6) Its also hopeless because its practically impossible to distribute your game to anyone who isn't already using BYOND.

7) Their #1 priority a decade ago should have been getting the webclient 110% functional, instead they've abandoned it. BYOND could have outshined the .io market, where games get tens of thousands of players, but instead the entire platform has 1 populated game with a fraction of that.

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/solutions/games
oh shit is that falacy
Dear god, that screenshot... I feel bad for the creator for thinking all that clutter was a good idea
It's not over yet

Byond's Gangsta