ID:2824983

BYOND Version:514
Operating System:Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 104.0.5112.102
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When profiling server code on a live server, and pressing the "Refresh" button, sometimes the profiling window will simply disappear, after the client has frozen for a bit. It would then come back as soon as you'd open any BYOND input field.

I suspect that it's possibly another problem related to having over 64K procs in one codebase, but it might also be completely unrelated.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Run a codebase with a lot of procs.
2. Open the profiler from within Dream Seeker.
3. Start profiling.
4. Call refresh a few times, after waiting a bit between each time, until the profiler window just disappears.

Expected Results:
The profiler still being there and refreshed.

Actual Results:
The profiler is gone.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? I've been profiling for about 20 minutes and it seems to be happening nearly 100% of the times I hit refresh.
In other games? Unknown.
In other user accounts? Unknown.
On other computers? Unknown.

When does the problem NOT occur?
The first few times you hit Refresh.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
I don't know, couldn't profile until 1589 came out.

Workarounds:
It seems that minimizing the window and bringing it back to the foreground, or opening any raw BYOND input prompt makes it promptly (haha, get it?) re-appear.
I don't know what you mean by "raw BYOND input prompt". Do you mean an input() box as spawned by the server?

Does this happen in simpler projects at all? You mentioned not being able to profile because of the previously fixed bug, but that only applied to certain projects.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I don't know what you mean by "raw BYOND input prompt". Do you mean an input() box as spawned by the server?

Yes, but after writing that bit, I realized that literally just minimizing the window and bringing it back up to full size would do it too, it seems that anything that triggers changes to the main window (or simply pops up a new window) triggers whatever update that makes it appear again.

Does this happen in simpler projects at all? You mentioned not being able to profile because of the previously fixed bug, but that only applied to certain projects.

I haven't been able to test it on any other project yet, is there by any chance a simple "sandbox" project I could fork just to test random stuff like this on, so I could say whether it's in the same vein of issues as the previous one or if it's more widespread?