ID:28302

Keywords: chirping, crickets
Where's the BYOND music and sound guild?
I'm just sayin'.
She blinded me with silence!

...Wait, that's not quite right. Let me think for a minute.
It could have like a whole five composers! =D
There is a new official guild coming up that will include BYOND resources in general, both graphics and sound. Hiead is going to be the main guy for that; I'm sure he would welcome any suggestions or assistance you have to offer. If you need more info drop me a line at gtellgtell via hotmail.com.

P.S. That isn't to say that there isn't a place for a BYOND sound guild separate from the official guilds. I suspect, though, that until BYOND gets a lot more users (or at least a lot more sound and music makers), the official guild and other guilds could end up competing for a fairly small pool of talent -- although that could be easily mitigated by each guild linking to the other now and then.
Well, I'm hoping someone hits us with some technology.

@Worldweaver: That's five more gathered together than we have now >P!

Well, Chughunter, that's actually a concern I have with the whole thing (despite the fact I just called out for another blog): are we splitting a fairly thin forum base up too much with the blogization of BYONDo? Room to grow, I suppose. I'm certainly hoping the Pixel Art Guild can gain some momentum. I think that group would certainly be willing to share and cross-post.

On the whole sound thing, I guess I'm just not seeing a whole lot of gathered resources or information in one spot. I think if we could pull something like that together we could start building a good base of homegrown composers and foley artists.
There's a reason there's so few composers, which is why I approve of this idea. This guild needs to be able to empower people to learn this kind of stuff themselves and increase the crowd. Graphics are a bit easier to learn but sounds and especially music need a lot of help from the veterans.

I think this guild needs to help musicians (and artists etc.) to communicate with each other and needs to help people get started with their own talent.
You speak of us as though we're some sort of animal.

"We need to teach musicians how to commuicate with each other!"

SINYC

SINYC

WHERE ARE YOU

I CAN'T SEE YOU
Uh, right.

At any rate, I would be down for helping people out with learning how to make musics and that sort and I'm sure Sinyc and others would feel the same way.

Send a guild our way and we shall do so with splendour!