In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
The notion that shadowbans on this platform in the past have had a political motivation is baseless.

Just going to confirm that indeed, there has never been a political shadowban on BYOND. Nor has there been one based on "politics by proxy" (e.g., someone posts something associated with one side or the other that's used to justify that sort of thing). As a matter of reference, there are several threads already that lean hard into ideology, and the reason they're not seeing engagement isn't because they're deboosted or hidden or anything like that; it's just lack of interest to engage with them.

Post from the left, post from the right, the extreme wings of either, or whatever remains of the center. I don't care and never will. Just respect forum guidelines and be good to each other.
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
Xooxer wrote:
Speaking out against the alarming practice of grooming that puts our children in the hands of sexual degenerates, such as Drag Queen Story Hour, or taking kindergarten kids to gay strip clubs for lap dances (yes, this is happening across all western nations) is considered hate speech against the LGBT community. Antifa stands outside these venues while this happens inside with rifles and body armor, waving rainbow flags and beating or shooting anyone who protests, when they can getvaway with it.

I'm highly interested in the source on kindergarten kids being taken to "gay strip clubs for lap dances". Nothing seemed to come up in a quick search of my own.

"I know what's best because I trust my feelings, and your facts are false, no I won't look at them because I know what's true without needing facts"

Just also referencing your line in the next paragraph after that statement, implying that you do indeed have some facts to share.

The most widely covered event happened in Dallas, TX, called Drag Kids to Pride.The images speak for themselves.
In response to Xooxer
Xooxer wrote:
The most widely covered event happened in Dallas, TX, called Drag Kids to Pride.The images speak for themselves.

Looked it up a bit, there is surprisingly very little info on it from sources outside of those with very obvious bias (only really found three articles - one from Fox, one from a site with clear bias from the left and the final from KnowYourMeme, lmao). I saw a few images, and I have to ask - aside from a neon sign with the text "It's Not Gonna Lick Itself" - which is debatable in severity on its own considering a lack of context, especially when you look at the innuendos thrown into children's cartoons for decades that intentionally go over their heads with no context - was there any other evidence of "sexualization"? Is the presence of a drag queen walking around considered sexualization to you, or were there actions we can verify that we can both agree were sexualization? Asking genuinely of course, in the hopes that you can put forth some information that I didn't find here.
In response to Albro1
"It's Not Gonna Lick Itself"

Now imagine.

(100% complete hypocrite would 10/10 go to anime bar with sexy waifus as a kid.)
In response to Kozuma3
lmaooo

In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
Xooxer wrote:

Looked it up a bit, there is surprisingly very little info on it from sources outside of those with very obvious bias (only really found three articles - one from Fox, one from a site with clear bias from the left and the final from KnowYourMeme, lmao). I saw a few images, and I have to ask - aside from a neon sign with the text "It's Not Gonna Lick Itself" - which is debatable in severity on its own considering a lack of context, especially when you look at the innuendos thrown into children's cartoons for decades that intentionally go over their heads with no context - was there any other evidence of "sexualization"? Is the presence of a drag queen walking around considered sexualization to you, or were there actions we can verify that we can both agree were sexualization? Asking genuinely of course, in the hopes that you can put forth some information that I didn't find here.

I'll reply in the off topic thread.
Bias confirmed. BYOND moderation endorses liberal extremist ideology and hate speech. Thanks for clearing that up, Lummox. Very enlightening.
Aww sweet a schizo thread
Yep. Just keep proving me correct, boys. Posting guidelines? Why, those are just suggestions. Unless you hold opinions or beliefs the mods disagree with. Then it's the law, and you had better comply or else!
I've deleted a couple of replies here today on the basis that they attack the poster, not the post.

Please keep our posting guidelines in mind when responding. This thread has not yet devolved into what the other posts have, so let's keep it somewhat on topic.
Just keep proving me correct, boys.

If by proving you correct, you mean 'working toward a ban for calling everyone he has engaged with who has disagreed with him a pedophile', sure.

But you really are being treated by the moderation extremely gently here. The series of posts you've made in the last day would have gotten you banned off the cuff almost anywhere else. You're being accommodated much longer than your last several years' of activity on this site have earned you, and still seem to think you are a victim here.

You're playing games, but... Why? You know what the outcome of playing these games is. But you insist. Why pretend to be confused by it?
You all are creating your own enemies.
In response to Spevacus
Spevacus wrote:
I've deleted a couple of replies here today on the basis that they attack the poster, not the post.

Please keep our posting guidelines in mind when responding. This thread has not yet devolved into what the other posts have, so let's keep it somewhat on topic.

I respect your part in this Spev. Any criticisms I have are not including you. I see no issue with your moderation practices.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Just keep proving me correct, boys.

If by proving you correct, you mean 'working toward a ban for calling everyone he has engaged with who has disagreed with him a pedophile', sure.

But you really are being treated by the moderation extremely gently here. The series of posts you've made in the last day would have gotten you banned off the cuff almost anywhere else. You're being accommodated much longer than your last several years' of activity on this site have earned you, and still seem to think you are a victim here.

You're playing games, but... Why? You know what the outcome of playing these games is. But you insist. Why pretend to be confused by it?

I would like to clear up these misconceptions you have of me and conservatives, but apparently, that can't happen under the eye of the mods. Mind if we chat privately?
I would like to clear up these misconceptions you have of me and conservatives, but apparently, that can't happen under the eye of the mods. Mind if we chat privately?

No no, I would very much prefer our interactions remain out in the open where you can continue to behave exactly as you have thus far, and can live your truth accusing myself and Albro of being pedophiles, and also repeatedly correcting me on matters of my own sexual orientation.

I see no mutual benefit to continuing this in private. It's so much more satisfying to watch you dig your own hole, lay in it, and then be furious with everyone else about the condition you find yourself in.

You can't genuinely expect me to welcome you into my DMs after that last bit. We don't walk back from where we're at.
I never accused anyone here of that.

I offered to take it off the forums to respect Lummox's wishes to keep things non-flamey. I don't care what you think of my character, to be honest, but having you accuse me of despicable acts is a bit too much. Do you have another venue that doesn't upset the mod's guidelines and is more public? I won't do Discord. I don't hve social media. BYOND blogs are gone. It would be nice to settle this like adults, but if that's not workable for yoy, fine. Love you too, bro.
In response to Xooxer
Well, here's an idea: Keep it on the forums, but non-flamey. The notion that this discussion can only be had in Springer brawl format is false.
Xoox, I do not consent to any contact by you on any venue. If you want to behave abusively, I am right here, in public, and nobody is going to stop you. What you aren't grasping, is that you are free, but also responsible for your actions.

You have the right to engage me right here. And you have the responsibility to answer for doing so. I'm not the kind of person that is going to make this easy on you. You get to decide if it's worth it.

The rational response is to silence me by pagerbanning me. I really suggest you save yourself the trouble, because I, again, am not going to help you help yourself.
I see now.

I have been under the assumption this conversation was just that. I may have had some hot takes, some spicy words, but I have been chatting in good faith. I see now that wasn't the case with you. You've just been trying to goade me into acting out. Sorry, that's not my style.

I can assure you, I'm not getting banned from the forums. Not over this, and not over anything. I may annoy, irk, irritate, but I do not abuse. I do not troll. I am not a malicious or vindictive person.

So, be my guest. Have at me. I can take it. When I tire of your accusations and libel, I'll just file you away next to fizz. Have a nice day, Ter13.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Well, here's an idea: Keep it on the forums, but non-flamey. The notion that this discussion can only be had in Springer brawl format is false.

See, therin lies the rub. I don't know what qualifies as flamey anymore. Disagreeing on politics? Not conforming to other's notions of sexuality? Talking about the sexualization of children? These seem to me to be fairly mundane, but when I attempt to broach these topics, I get shut down and censored.

Ter seems to think I hate gay people. Apparently this is a point he'll never budge on. Nevermind that I work with a trans woman. Nevermind that my brother is a gay furry who married a man. Nevermind that I've bunked up with a gay man who let me crash at his pad. Forget that Lexy is probably my favorite person on BYOND. I'm a republican, that's all the info he needs to label me a villain.

Fine. I'll be the villain. It's not my first time. I have no illusions of acceptance here. It would be nice not to be lied about, but I can't control other people's thoughts or words. I understand this. I just wish Ter would.

So, lay down the law. Where is the line? All I see are fuzzy outlines and booby traps.
Page: 1 2 3