Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
none

Expected Results:no crash

Actual Results:crash

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? at any time while playing BYOND
In other games? unsure, only on SS13
In other user accounts? no
On other computers? unsure, I know other users who also have problems with crashes but not sure if they are all the same problem

When does the problem NOT occur? during low pc hardware load

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) unsure, this problem didn't occur when I played the same games at 2020-2021
Workarounds:

Best response
Moved to BYOND Help. This is not a bug, but something wrong with your installation. Most likely, you did not install BYOND using the installer.
In response to Lummox JR
I installed using the byond installer and updated it through the byond hub
In response to Lummox JR
I also want to apologize for the multiple posts I made about the same problem, I just wanted a clarification of how I could solve the problem if it is not due to the age of my pc
What is the actual problem?
In response to Immibis
sorry for the VERY late response, it's been a while since I used BYOND.

So the problem is that BYOND games are crashing with no real reason, apparently this 'd3d9.dll' on system32 folder is the main causer of those errors
The DirectX updater with BYOND's installer should've taken care of that.
How do you know there is a problem with d3d9.dll?
In response to Immibis
You can see the module with fault on Windows Event Viewer
In response to Lummox JR
I've tried updating DirectX through the directx folder on BYOND files, aswell as downloading Directx SDK 2010,both didn't work well. Actually, it stopped the crashes for a time then it returned crashing
In response to Shazem123
Shazem123 wrote:
You can see the module with fault on Windows Event Viewer

This most likely just means BYOND is sending bad data to DirectX. Or it's also possible something is wrong with the graphics driver. It doesn't mean there is something wrong with DirectX itself.
In response to Immibis
probably SS13 servers became too complex for my old graphics card. I haven't really played since, and I think it will be like that for a while until I get a newer PC.
I don't think BYOND is sending bad data to DirectX. It sounds really like something is messed up on your system. Checking the system files would be a good idea.
In response to Lummox JR
Hey, I don't know if you can still help me on this, but I still haven't gotten a new pc (dunno if i'll be able to), and I still hope that this problem can be fixed (I really wanted to find some other game to play that would be more fun for me) so I managed to generate a crash dump file on the problem. Hope you can help me.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/naabsjymvviok8i/ crashdump2.dmp/file

(Dunno why it has over 600mb but it isn't a virus or sorts)
I have the same problem but only with one game, not with others have you found a solution?
In response to Plzbuffmedics
nope. I guess the only thing to do is to buy a better pc or a graphics card... Although clearing cache and using the directx end user runtime seens to stop the crashes for a little bit of time
How do I use the direct x end user runtime please explain
I fixed the problem. I have a laptop, I disabled the intell graphics card and the game went fine, I guess that made it default to my nvida. But then I tested the alternative and it worked also, the game just will not play the opening runtime login with two graphics cards enabled...

Now if I disable the intell the game won't work but if I disable nvida it will work every time...but there is the answer.
In response to Plzbuffmedics
I dont have a laptop though :/ your laptop has an mobile graphics card right? How did you disable it anyways? By the way, is your laptop modern or something? My setup is very old so I dont really think I can fix this problem without buying a dedicated graphics card.

Sorry for the late response, I haven't opened byond in a while.
In response to Shazem123
maybe even something like a gt 610 could fix the problem...