GigaChat

by Xooxer
GigaChat
Free Speech for All
ID:2846784

I've been working a lot, so I don't have time to dedicate to extreme development, but I have been working on revamping the way GigaChat functions. I've done away with the standard output element in favor of a browser. This will allow for a look and feel that falls in line with more modern chats, such as Discord, and will finally let us use animated gifs and embeded video in the channels.

I'm adding more emoji, and nailing down some bugs in that system. When I have it complete, I will probably rip the system out and release it as a library for others to use in their projects. It's fairly simple, but there are some pitfalls you need to avoid.

Tenor integration is still a work in progress. Internet Explorer isn't the easiest beast to code for, and its unique quirks are proving troublesome. If I don't have it ready by this update, 1.04beta, then it will be in the next.

Open to suggestions. If anyone knows a good embedable shared drawing app we can plug in, I'd love to add one. If not, I may have to roll my own. The paint program in Chatters was neat, but I want something bigger with more options that channels can share. Something like flexmod has.

Anyways, back to the grind. Be excellent to each other, my chads!
Based.

Login to reply.