ID:2846867

Resolved
The [[x]] and [[y]] embedded wingets for GamepadLeftAnalog and GamepadRightAnalog macros were not correctly marked as numbers, impacting how they were expanded in the command by default.
BYOND Version:515.1597
Operating System:Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 108.0.0.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

According to the ref, GamepadAnalogLeft / Right have embedded properties [[x]] and [[y]], which should be numbers. When using them in a verb, even using [[x as arg]] and [[y as arg]], I'm getting the numbers as text, which causes the verb to fail due to invalid args.

Test case
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
The [[x]] and [[y]] embedded wingets for GamepadLeftAnalog and GamepadRightAnalog macros were not correctly marked as numbers, impacting how they were expanded in the command by default.
This turned out to be a weird bug. The way skin values get handled, the compiler was incorrectly converting an IValue (int or float) to an IString before assigning it to IParam, instead of assigning the IValue directly to IParam. I had to make most of IString's constructors explicit, and that fixed the issue.

I'm frankly surprised the compiler didn't just complain about ambiguity if it thought there was any.