ID:2857157

My OS is Windows 10, main browser is Opera GX if that helps.
I tried installing up-to-date stable version of BYOND (514.1589). As for now, when I'm trying to launch it, the window just hangs in there. At first nothing appeared in the tray, but after I tried logging in, BYOND icon began appearing there when I tried launching the client. If I try closing the client using the tray icon, the loading window stays there, it also stays in the task manager.
What have I already tried:
1. Reinstalling BYOND client, of course;
2. Rebooting my PC and reinstalling client once again;
3. Clearing cache;
4. PURGING documents\BYOND direction;
5. Changing BYOND documents direction with regedit;
6. Removing window-pos line in the pager.cfg (btw this line didn't appear sometimes).
Nothing helped me.
The funniest thing was that I just wanted to play SS13 and encountered unbelievable lags. I talked to the server lead and he recommended me to change the version.
I also recorded BYOND acting weird (https://youtu.be/Xcrxer_0tnc).
Just found out another thing - if I wait long enough, BYOND actually boots up, but it takes a lot of time to load stuff like games, friend list and other things. My internet connection seems to be all fine, can't still figure out what's wrong.
If you're able to connect, but connection is very slow when simply waiting for game info to load, it sounds like you've got a firewall or antivirus software messing with you.

Nowadays, antivirus software is mostly unnecessary. Windows Defender is suitable for most applications. If you have any extra antivirus software installed, try disabling it temporarily and seeing if performance improves.
I don't have any other software than native. Should disabling Firewall/Windows Defender help?
It couuuuld, but I can't say for sure. Give it a try.
I wanted to say that it didn't work at first, but stuff loaded pretty quick now. Full game list and all. Seems like disabling Defender and Firewall helped, but maybe there's a way to make an exception or something?
You should be able to add BYOND to your firewall exception list by going to...

• Windows search: Firewall, selecting first item
  • Allow an app through firewall
  • Click Change Settings at the top (requires admin perms)
  • "Allow another app..."
  • Allow BYOND through by adding BYOND.exe, which should be available in your install folder

Give that a shot and try turning on your Firewall again.
Alright so it's been a while, sorry about that.
Speaking of BYOND: it just fixed itself, I don't know? I didn't add it to the exception list, and yet it works fine. No ping, no weird loading times. That's strange.
I'd like to say thanks since disabling securities helped.
So I am having the same problem except it will load like its opening but won't produce the main menu. I've done what you did and I've checked the firewall and there are no issues there. What do I do?
Follow up.
I have left my computer on from my first post until now and nothing has loaded or even changed.
same problem, i put byond into firewall exceptions and didnt seem to work, still not loading

EDIT
http://www.byond.com/forum/post/2705248#comment25915575
here was solution, it was OneDrive