ID:28674

I can't talk details, specifics, or whatever else... but yesterday was exciting beyond reason in terms of my Gamers show and my career as a writer/director in general.

Tuesday afternoon I was on my way to shoot some new shorts for the Gamers website when I received a phone call from some awesome people in LA regarding the show. Within an hour they had booked me a plane ticket to LA and I flew down the following morning to meet with them in person. Eventually I'll be able to post the full story of what's transpired, but for now I need to keep the flow of information to a minimum!

One of the things that has come out of this is the decision to take down the trailers and some other stuff from the Gamers website (http://www.putgamersontv.com/). No, I haven't "sold out" or be ordered to do this... there are legitimate reasons behind removing the trailers from the official site that I agree with. Obviously we can't help the fact that other people have posted it on other video sharing sites etc.

I'm going to redesign the site itself a little bit as well. I may be able to shrink the whole thing down to just two pages. The bottom line is that the website has pretty much done its job, and I'm not going to have much that I am able to disclose on the site in the near future. I'm thrilled that stuff has happened this fast... but it kind of changed my plans overnight in terms of the website itself.

Crazy times.
Career ding, grats.
Good to hear, I've been promoting that site on my own but I really havn't had the opportunity to go "full article" but hopefully I helped some.

Good job, send me a Tshirt!
Do I have your permission to keep the two current trailers on my myspace video section?

Btw, congrats! Can't wait to watch it on TV :D And like TNN said, I WANT A TSHIRT/HAT/OTHER ADVERTISING PRODUCT :P
I'll third on the free T-Shirt
As to the site, please get us some more info other than "that guy told me to take the site down in LA, and it must have been important because he paid for a plane ticket." Mas information!
I know you hate me and all, but congratulations of going so far with this so quickly. Its a great example of making a real punch and taking full advantage of the internet and its opportunities.
Acebloke wrote:
I know you hate me and all, but congratulations of going so far with this so quickly.

I don't hate you! I certainly disagree with you on a lot of stuff... but that's just life. Thank you!

To everyone else: thank you so much for the support and for helping make this happen. I'm sorry that I can't give out more information at this point. As soon as the decision is made to let this get out to the media, I'm sure that you'll learn everything that there is to know!

Go ahead and keep the trailers up if you've posted them, it's not a big deal. Also, T-Shirts are a GREAT idea! I'll see if I can get someone to make them and I'll sell them off at cost. Thanks guys!
Or maybe I'll send BYONDers free T-Shirts. That would be hot.
Hot indeed. Remember to make a good logo.
Congratulations, Mr. Mallahan. :)

I'll be sure to keep a close eye on your career now. Make us proud and go all the way! FYI, I've started my bachelor - and had to settle for a Sony PD150 due to my financial situation, but it does the job well enough. The two XLR inputs are a bonus - it's a beautiful broadcast quality camera and very easy to work with. I have to start my 27 page feature script treatment soon, so hopefully I'll have some more original practical work done that I can get your critique on. ;)

I hate storyboarding. :( I can't draw for crap!
SilkWizard wrote:
Or maybe I'll send BYONDers free T-Shirts. That would be hot.

I like this better than the "make-me-pay-money-for-advertising-a-show" idea :P
Congratulations on getting this far.
Congrats!

You should do an episode on how disgusting furries are.
This is another one of those situations that a comment was made by I believe Zaltron when he was talking about buying Lummox's book in a Coles store.

Now we can say "Hey, I know that guy, I was in a small community with him." type of jive. Congratulations on the show, SilkWizard. I've done some small acting myself, but none of it has gone past a local setting.

P.S. Free T-shirts, for the win?
The show isn't going to be on G4 is it?
RealQMark wrote:
The show isn't going to be on G4 is it?

Nope. Which is a very good thing, imo.
Congrats, brutha!
Sinyc wrote:
I have to start my 27 page feature script treatment soon, so hopefully I'll have some more original practical work done that I can get your critique on. ;)

I hate storyboarding. :( I can't draw for crap!

There are some GREAT books out there on script writing, treatment writing, the whole bit. I'm reading one right now called "The Screenwriters Bible" which is freaking awesome.

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/ Screenwriters-Bible-Complete-Writing-Formatting/dp/ 1879505843/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/ 103-9638892-9820608?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1174663234&sr=1-1

The Sony PD150 is an *awesome* camera, and I know a lot of professionals who use it. You certainly don't need anything better than that to break into the industry!

It sounds like you have a great start. Good luck!
Yeah, it's only $3,000... lol

I'd love to get into directing but I have no startup cash/credit so I'll stick to cartooning.
Who is Put Gamerson?
Page: 1 2