Paradise City

by Falacy
Welcome, to the last city on Earth.
ID:286891

Applies to:

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I think the game should have a client side saving system.
It would provide more players because the saves wouldn't be lost of the certain server would be offline.
Client sided saving doesn't work worth a crap. It is slow, can't be used to properly save people when they log out, and allows people to easily cheat through their character saves.
Is it so hard to code a save check for the saves.
On Dead World it works and it has more players, that's why I suggest it.
Also u can code some kind of autosave procedure, but it has to check if the player is still on the server during the saving.
U don't have to get mad over something that is good in such game types, because u don't understand how to make it fair ;/
Games like DMG(Duel Monsters Genesis) have also a huge number of players because of that.
In response to Kisuo
Kisuo wrote:
Is it so hard to code a save check for the saves.
It is somewhat complicated, actually, and client sided saves are a system that provide no benefit when a game has well managed servers to begin with.

On Dead World it works and it has more players, that's why I suggest it.
That game only seems to have a single server anyway, so what do client sided saving matter?

Also u can code some kind of autosave procedure, but it has to check if the player is still on the server during the saving.
You can do this, but it is an inefficient and unreliable way to save players.

U don't have to get mad over something that is good in such game types, because u don't understand how to make it fair ;/
Who was getting mad about anything?
The issue isn't with making it fair, I could throw an extra security hash on the file to make sure it hasn't been unfairly altered. The bigger issues are with not being able to properly save players, between the unreliable concept itself, and the reliance on the client to provide their save file (if you change computers, you lose your character), such systems are hardly a worthwhile option.

Games like DMG(Duel Monsters Genesis) have also a huge number of players because of that.
This game also seems to have one primary server, without public host files.

How would making client sided saves help improve player counts in PC? There is already a primary 24/7 server on a quality connection, hosting 50 other servers wouldn't raise player counts, it would just pointlessly split the already small community between separate worlds. This game has no players because it is conceptually lacking, not because it is lacking 50 spam servers with 1 player each.
About the single server.
Dead World has 1-3 other servers than the main hosted by players.
DMG has 9-10 others servers depending on the hosts being available.
Host Files of DMG are public but u have to be trustworthy to get them.
And why is no-autosave being an issue.
People can learn to save their game during the gameplay or before exiting.You could also apply a macro for that to make it easier.
Also I came across an idea to create saves on a certain IP which could be made true if u tweak the client side saving library.
Again it was just a suggestion why do you say its a good for nothing system.