Regressia

by IainPeregrine
Regressia
Relive the glory days of gaming with a new single-player RPG. Regressia is a BYOND game like no other. It is 100% complete and uses all original Graphics, Music, and Programming. This is the real experience.
ID:287804

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/Mega_Tikey/Pictures/ glitch-1.png

It looks like you're using the client screen to display everything in battle. I would advise not taking that route since the above can happen.
Could you tell me the version of BYOND you're using, and the exact steps you took to produce that result? I've had problems with older version of BYOND intermittently deciding not to update / delete screen objects, and the result looked a lot like that. A recent update of BYOND removed that bug, but introduced another bug where after an hour or so of playing it refused to make any new icons (such as the ones I use to display monsters).
In response to IainPeregrine
BYOND 461. Truthfully I have no idea how the screen ended up not updating properly. The only tidbit I can provide is that it happened after I finished a battle. I know this happens in other games that uses screen objects; rarely but randomly.
In response to Mega fart cannon
The most important details are:

Did it happen after you died? (you were in a fight, you died, and the battle windows remained even while you were viewing the title screen)

Did it happen after a scripted battle? (you fought the succubus, Wilhelm, or the boat, and the battle windows remained after the fight).

I'm confused about is the order in which you drew those windows. In other words, did you open the status screen, then closed it (but the windows didn't disappear) and then you got into a battle? Or did you get into a battle (but the battle windows didn't disappear) and then opened your status?

Was this a quick flash and then it drew properly, or did the windows remain on your screen and not go away?

Like we've both seen, BYOND has issues with screen objects. I do my best, but sometimes DS just goes nutso.
In response to IainPeregrine
IainPeregrine wrote:
The most important details are:

Did it happen after you died? (you were in a fight, you died, and the battle windows remained even while you were viewing the title screen)

It happened after I won a battle.

Did it happen after a scripted battle? (you fought the succubus, Wilhelm, or the boat, and the battle windows remained after the fight).

Nope, just a regular random encounter.

I'm confused about is the order in which you drew those windows. In other words, did you open the status screen, then closed it (but the windows didn't disappear) and then you got into a battle? Or did you get into a battle (but the battle windows didn't disappear) and then opened your status?

Sorry, got into a battle then opened my status.

Was this a quick flash and then it drew properly, or did the windows remain on your screen and not go away?

It remained on my screen until I rebooted the game (sadly :( ).
In response to Mega fart cannon
Thanks for the info.