Some of these suggestions may not fit Regressia, I urge you to use your discretion when determining which have value.
Things I've noticed:
- The movement smoothing is a little jumpy. Sometimes I overshoot my target, doorways mostly, when they are a single tile away. I'm not sure there is much you can do about it, considering keyboards suck.
- The music isn't consistent in terms of volume. I step into town, think the volume needs to be lower. Get into a battle, think the volume needs to be higher.
- Would it be possible to let us map our own keys without leaving the game/restarting it?
- I'd like to see my gold when I enter the inn.
- Can we get some sort of equipped feedback. I might own two of the same weapon, I want to know which one I'm using.
- Did you mean for some items to be capitalized and some to not? (Copper, Leather, Salve, bandage, torch)
- Can we see how much our stats increase on level-up as well?
- Love the cave music.
- There is some really strange movement queuing going on. I've seen myself enter a fight, which doesn't pass beyond the "Such and such blocks your way forward" for quite a long time, then all the keys I pressed during that time (expecting a lockup) would play out. In one account, I killed the enemy and then proceeded to romp around without pressing anything. In another, my selection cursor went all over the place in battle and finally landed on Run where, apparently, I had pressed spacebar, so I ran, and THEN proceeded to romp around the dungeon. ... And after a bit more tinkering I've determined it to be on account of the movement system. Movements are buffered, apparently, which are transferred into and out of battles. For your testing pleasure, repeatedly press A, D, Left Arrow, and Right Arrow to quickly queue up a ton of movements. Eventually, you'll encounter a battle where it'll play out your movements (silently) while you wait for a spacebar press, which may only be pressed after the queue has caught up (or when the queue reaches a spacebar press).
- [Spoiler] After defeating the succubus you return to the castle where you talk to the queen and then the guard for the armory. The guard says you'll need more than such and such when you travel east to Willognook. Then you immediately head west to Willognook. Once I arrived in Willognook, I spoke to the townspeople to find that there is a cave to the west in the forest. Upon revisiting the world map, to the west is an ocean, to the east a forest in which resides a cave. Did I miss something? Are east and west backwards in this game?
- In Alderdale, a man in an eastern house speaks of Lorcan sending troops to "gaurd" the mountain pass.
- You could probably get away with mapping the number keys to macros in such a way that people don't have to turn off numlock to use those keys.
I'm still playing, if I run into more I'll post those too.
Copyright © 2020 BYOND Software. All rights reserved.