Regressia

by IainPeregrine
Regressia
Relive the glory days of gaming with a new single-player RPG. Regressia is a BYOND game like no other. It is 100% complete and uses all original Graphics, Music, and Programming. This is the real experience.
ID:287820

Would it be possible to lower the tick_lag or something? I don't know if it's my LCD monitor or what, but whenever the screen is scrolling it strains my eyes. After about 20 minutes I had to stop playing because of a headache.
I could include an option to disable scrolling entirely via the animate_movement variable. Would that work for you? Lowering the tick lag might not be an option with the way I've programmed the 'cut-scenes'.
In response to IainPeregrine
Disabling animate_movement could help, but it would probably just end up making the game look worse.

The problem is most apparent when the screen is full of high contrast tiles with a lot of activity, areas like the starting castle. Areas like caves and the world map don't have the problem at all.

This may help explain my problem.
In response to SuperAntx
To be completely honest, I really have no clue what to do with this info. When the problem lies in the refresh rate of monitors and the physics behind how LCDs work, the DM solution, if there is any, is not immediately obvious. I wish I were clever enough to see a solution to the problem you are experiencing, but I currently do not see a direction to take even in researching this problem. I would appreciate any help you could lend me in this regard, but you're probably going to have to start pretty low-level - this is an area I have no prior experience in.