Regressia

by IainPeregrine
Regressia
Relive the glory days of gaming with a new single-player RPG. Regressia is a BYOND game like no other. It is 100% complete and uses all original Graphics, Music, and Programming. This is the real experience.
ID:287831

Have to say this is a pretty amazing piece of work. I might not have collected all the items in the game, but the plot and setting really did a number on me. It was pretty much full of awesome. Is there any potential for a sequel, and if possible, would I be able to help out? I'm a Music/Graphics/Design kind of guy :3.
Cool, and congrats! What was your favorite part of the game / battle / dungeon / whatever?
In response to IainPeregrine
Favourite Parts:

What you did with the End, Plot wise. It throws a question at the player which then throws us off again.

The nostalgic influences within the game with the fat trimmed. There wasn't as many dead ends except maybe for a part concerning Larestra, in which no real mention of how to address this issue is revealed.

Battle Designs of the monsters, specifically the humanoid ones. They convey a lot of detail with minimalistic touches. The Encounter with the Boss of the Death Tower was really well done, it certainly had a kick to it that you don't see even in some of the more modern games of this era.

What I thought could be better:

The Music whilst 8 Bit did seem to be lacking some diversity in areas, and the battle music felt like it was lacking without a bassline or drum beat to them.

Some of the later bosses got easy on a tactical side in comparison to the enemies. This ended up in grinding to survive random encounters, but ending Boss fights in 4 or less turns.

Some of the Charm descriptions are obscure at points, and the influence of certain items heavily outweighed the rest. This is bound to happen in an RPG anyway, but even after gathering more impressive equipment, I still used the Gold Ring as opposed to the Aura one simply because the extra addition to my Int stat factored a lot more into fights.

Gold Drake was bugged so I couldn't fight him, I know this is on a "to be fixed" list, but this is why I had some of the items but am missing others.

Definitely a great game, really had a blast with it. Keep up this awesome work man :3.
In response to Neonlare
Thanks for the response. All I want to say at this moment, though, is that the gold ring is supposed to be much more useful. The bug that prevented you from fighting the Gold Drake removed him as an obstacle to getting those treasure chests. Normally you'd have to win the Gold Drake (not an easy task!) in order to get the ring.