Casual Quest

by IainPeregrine
A fast paced, casual, multi player action game with a little RPG touch
ID:287880

Most players tend to change class while obscured from view by it due to the tendency for many of them to flock to the center of the screen during the end of a wave. This makes it almost impossible to tell what they changed classes to which in turn makes it harder for players like myself to differentiate. This is important because usually, having a party made up of varied classes is more effective than having all or half it's members picking the same exact class. With the exception of the first card or two. This is also useful for when there's a party with players that never stop picking cards and they end up using the same class I'm using. Some alternatives would just be to show the class changes in the corner of the screen or add a who verb button to the chat window since that would have the icons of everyone who was playing.
The cards aren't individual windows, so being able to move or minimize them would be a lot of work. So that's not going to happen any time soon.

I do recognize that there's a problem with planning your class in relation to what other people are choosing. What I'd like to see (somehow, somewhere, someday!) is some text output to the chat window announcing something like "XxLordSSJ3BulbamanderxX is now playing as a [I]Sage!" where [I] is the sage icon, and clicking anywhere in that text would open a description of the sage.
In response to IainPeregrine
That's even better, do that instead. Although for a short term thing the who verb would still be nice since it's also good for seeing who is online.
In response to Phantom_Merlock
If you want to help me write up the help files, that would get this feature done. The link and sending text to the output isn't hard, and I could have it done in a day. It's the making of an html file for each different class that's going to take forever.

Now that I think about it, I could generate the html files on the fly, but I'd still need short names and descriptions of each skill, and maybe a short description of the class. Care to help out?
In response to IainPeregrine
I don't know more than barebones basics of coding in any language but if you can set me up with a template I can copy and make like 45 of I wouldn't mind doing that.
In response to Joram
Okay, I'll get something ready for you in the next couple days. Also, check your pager.