Casual Quest

by IainPeregrine
A fast paced, casual, multi player action game with a little RPG touch
ID:287883

Some people have complained a bit about the ninja. Iain has also commented on it seeming weak. I think its a good class except the bomb. Its too expensive for the ninja to use too often. I think it would benefit more from a move like the pirates "Arr". For a ninja this could be a smoke bomb he throws down which would give him an escape as a melee class.
Smoke Bomb: grants stealth to the ninja, allows invulnerability to melee but not ranged attacks, taking damage drops stealth. Attacking also drops stealth but that hit will deal extra damage. Stealth will wear off automatically after a while as well.This would make the class great for assassinating high HP enemies and would let them negotiate enemy territory like a ninja should.

Anyways the idea here is that stealth should not be simply another Dark knight Invulnerability or Pirate's ARR skill, it should have it's own purpose also, since it does not completely replace classic invulnerability this still allows the class to benefit from team play although if the bomb skill stays the class could do that and still back stab. This change would create some self-sufficiency though.
If I ever get around to doing a 1.28 update, the ninja will be changed to have something special instead of the bomb. Something like the "Arr!" is what I'm leaning towards now, because it's already programmed. The particulars of the stealth bombs wouldn't work as you outline them, because the game isn't programmed to handle things like what you're mentioning. Also, the idea of filling the screen with smoke wouldn't be very good for either the ninja or for lag. I'll think about doing something with "stealth", though. How about an aura meter, like the vampires but not so long, that makes you invulnerable?
In response to IainPeregrine
Hmm, glad to hear no smoke for lag thing and your stealth aura meter sounds ok but ninja's only have like 4 aura could be a problem. I like the idea of stealth making you impossible to bump it would help with backstabbing and escapes a lot. How did he put it... manuvering on the map like a ninja should, or something like that.
That sounds like an interesting idea, considering the Ninja has a generous aura regeneration rate. It would give him a panic button for escaping horribly dangerous situations, or getting in a few backstabs on a strong enemy or a boss.
In response to Seferiel
That might be a good idea, cause Ninjas are supposed to be the masters of stealth, so giving them invincibility would be an adequate substitute. Either that or swap the skill for a random teleport skill (akin to the enemy ninjas when they get defeated) where the Ninja goes to a random open edge.

For the invincibility, I'm a little curious how long the invincibility might last. I don't think that the length that the pirate gets is long enough for the ninja to move to position, yet it doesn't feel right to give them normal invincibility.... maybe the idea of invincibility should last until the ninja attacks (thus losing his 'stealthness')
In response to Sudzzuds
Maybe the ninja actually goes invisible, and has to guess where he's going to pop out when he attacks? That would be fun, and would require skill to use well.
Him that idea might be ok if the ninja is the host, Iain but I don't think it would work out very well for other people. Lag and whatnot... but I rather like the base idea of it. 8)
In 1.28, the ninja now has a new skill, Stealth, but his health has been lowered from 10 to 8.