Casual Quest

by IainPeregrine
A fast paced, casual, multi player action game with a little RPG touch
ID:287902

If you fly into the top left corner of the map as a bat, and then turn back into a vampire, you get stuck.

I did it yesterday trying to avoid knights on castle, and now against the white fire worm boss.
I think this is the same for all 4 corners - I didn't test it personally, but I saw someone get stuck on top right corner too.
Are you able to turn back into a bat and fly off, or no?
In response to CauTi0N
No, it locks you into the square. Turning into a bat to try and escape doesn't work.
In response to Seferiel
Interesting, I'm actually getting the issue more than just a few times in a row. It seems there is a problem with the movement in general for the vampire. Are you also getting somewhat locked out from moving even without getting stuck in the square (such as can you move in and out of vampire state when you are just on the normal ground, or is that buggy as well)?

[Edit: I also noticed a bug where if you go all the way up as a vampire, you may end up continuously moving through the end of the map. Have you experienced this as well?]
In response to CauTi0N
No, I haven't really played much as vampire so that was the only glitch I encountered.
In response to CauTi0N
I was thinking about vampires in general earlier today. One of the problems we have is that new users are ALWAYS running directly into vampires in bat form. They don't look as menacing as they are; veteran players give vampire bats a lot of personal space. I think we should make a unique sprite just for vampires in bat form.

If this sprite is a regular 16x16 size, then it will solve the weird movement issues, too. The movement issues come from when you transform from bat into vampire, which is larger, and your bounding-box's edge is set to a location outside the map. You effectively circumvent the normal collision detection system.
In response to IainPeregrine
Yeah.. I was testing it a minute ago and found out exactly that. When you glitch out in the corner, the game is acting like you're not even on the map anymore. I had bats wander right over me and nothing happen. Can't even shoot fireballs, and even though you see the sword slashing it doesn't actually hit anything.

Do you already have an idea in mind for this special icon? It would be badass to have a say in how it turns out. :P
IainPeregrine wrote:
I was thinking about vampires in general earlier today. One of the problems we have is that new users are ALWAYS running directly into vampires in bat form. They don't look as menacing as they are; veteran players give vampire bats a lot of personal space. I think we should make a unique sprite just for vampires in bat form.

That might be rather helpful - the strongest bat cause less damage than the weakest vampire - and vampires can completely kill players that don't know better. It would also help us remember which we can use the Banish Undead spells on (though it helps that bats and vampires are never in the same scenes).

Looking forward to it!
In response to Seferiel
Give it a shot if you want to. If the icon looks good, we'll use it.
Did you have an idea in mind already though? I'd rather like to know how you planned on doing it before thinking about attempting it myself. I don't want it to look one way and you had an idea of it looking completely different.

Obviously you still want it to be a bat, but not similar to the enemy ones, is that it?