Casual Quest

by IainPeregrine
A fast paced, casual, multi player action game with a little RPG touch
ID:287908

So I was trying out my recolour, got it, and ran into a bit of an issue.

I can restore my HP+Aura when it comes to a card. I just pick the "Custom" option again and am refreshed completely. Seems like a bit of an unfair advantage for it to happen. Since I can more or less go on forever if I have a guranteed health refresh every six waves.

I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to be, but I felt I should point it out. I don't really plan on using it though, since it really does seem unfair to have that option.
Hm. You're absolutely right, it doesn't seem fair to the other players. Not that we have any suspicion you would abuse it, but for the sake of nearing polished gameplay, it might be beneficial for us to mark that down. I'll have a look at it for the next update. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
In response to CauTi0N
I didn't want to be seen as having an unfair advantage, especially since I still get points when playing as the recolour. I would rather not have that ability, simply because of that fact. Thanks for looking into it.
In response to Seferiel
I wonder if it's partially because your custom isn't terribly broken. Anyways, yeah no prob.

How's the update looking/running? Either I or Iain will likely have a blog-post shortly regarding the new updates and what-not.
In response to CauTi0N
Well, I made another post about the Necromancer skeletons. They really bugged out for me last night, not sure what happened with the update but it seems to have affected their AI.

Otherwise it looks nice; the little class rundown you get when you switch will help new players in figuring out what they are, and what abilities they have. Hopefully they read it instead of just asking every time in the chat.
Hey Seferiel,

Making a fake custom character, I tried reproducing this issue and could not do it. The "custom" option does not come up anymore. I suspect I know what's going on here, but because I can't reproduce it I'm unable to continue debugging for this specific issue. I'm going to keep tabs on it, but make no changes regarding this for the next update. If it continues happening, please let me know.
In response to CauTi0N
Will do, thanks for taking the time to work on it.
In response to CauTi0N
The issue is that Sef's recolor has its parent_type set to a tier 3 class, therefor it is tier 3, therefor the game thinks that he can go from that class to his recolor. You can solve the issue by going into Sef's file and adding some lines redefining the level_knight/priest/mage/rogue variables. Put them all at 0, and he'll be a tier 0 like the rest of the customs, and the issue will go away.

By the way, I think someone said that all the classes show up as tier 1 on the help pages. The tier variable will have to be manually changed for each class.
In response to IainPeregrine
Already taken care of. I think you'll be impressed with me after this next update Iain.