Casual Quest

by IainPeregrine
A fast paced, casual, multi player action game with a little RPG touch
ID:287912

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I had to sit there and watch someone afk in the middle of the screen with one parrot alive, on wave 1.

He did it for around 20 minutes. That kind of shit just doesn't fly. There's no world in which that would be cool to do.

It was Telepath doing the afk thing, if that matters in any way. It was obvious who it was after looking at the player list, and who was talking in chat.

Is it possible to add a function that boots people after 5 minutes of being idle on the same wave? Even a shorter amount of time would work. Waves dont even last a few minutes anyway, and to be completely idle for that long on a single wave is just wrong.
Or maybe a timer that starts when there's only one enemy left on the wave. So if you don't complete it within like 3 minutes then it game overs.

A reaper could even spawn and take you away :P
In response to Altrez
As I said, make an invincible enemy that shows up after an invisible clock runs out (a la Bubble Bobble) :P It will chase after players and make life a living hell.

Granted, everyone is gonna hate me for that, but it gets the job done....
In response to Sudzzuds
Anything to stop that nonsense from happening again. There's no excuse for going afk on WAVE ONE.

Just no excuse.
The simplest solution is what should be implemented first. If a wave isn't over in 4 minutes, or so, go to the game over screen and output a "you took too long" message. Then, in future updates when we're not pressed with fixing everything else that's gone wrong recently, we can think about adding reapers or doing a more complicated "is he really playing?" fix.
In response to IainPeregrine
Anything would work, as long as it does the job. Doesn't matter how flashy it is.
In response to IainPeregrine
The only problem I foresee with this is teams keeping AFKers tagged along. This gets troublesome for teams after a while too.