Casual Quest

by IainPeregrine
A fast paced, casual, multi player action game with a little RPG touch
ID:287915

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Figured I'd make a generalized topic, and edit my post as I find the bugs.

Dervish:

His second and third skill don't have descriptions. Is that intentional?

Warlock:

His third skill now uses all of his aura. If you try to use it with the regular cost, nothing happens, you just lose 3 aura.

Acolyte:

Similar to the Warlock's third skill, you need twice the aura for the skill to work properly. It costs 1 aura, but when used with only 1 aura remaining it will not work. You need 2 aura for the skill to function properly.
It's the same case for the Cleric's turn undead skill.

Revolutionary:

His second skill [to turn adv. into rebels] doesn't work. Kind of destroys the point of going Rev.

Pirate:

His class 2 description is wrong.

"Skill 2: Bomb, Cost: 2
Drops a bomb which explodes shortly afterward, dealing 2 points of damage to any enemy or player nearby. Explosion does extra damage to snaking enemies. "

It doesn't damage other players, just the pirate himself. There are multiple classes with this same description for the bomb, should be fixed for all of them. Unless its suddenly changed to damage nearby players.

And the third skill has a typo in it.

"Skill 3: Jim and the Pirates!, Cost: 1
A show worth remembering. show worth remembering. "

I assume that's a typo, anyway.

It also appears for:

Rogue's second skill.
Dark Knight's second skill.
Cleric's third skill.
Bard's first skill.
Minstrel's first skill.
Wizard's third skill.
Nomad's only skill.
Templar's third skill
Sorcerer's third skill.
Necromancer's second and third skill.
All of the Conjurer skills.
Just a minor list of skills not described yet - I guess I should work on them.

- Rebel Star (Rev)
- Freeze Dance (Derv)
- Fire Dance (Derv)
- Skills that involve using weapons [wood sword, wood axe, silver axe, silver lance, arrows](I'm going to assume these are intentionally left out and will not work on them)

Will be edited as I find more.
Did you mean to write the word "School" on the dervish bug report?
In response to Chainblade1
No, not at all. Was trying to type while juggling playing and chatting, so it went completely unnoticed. Thanks for pointing it out.
These are just notes for me, and so you can track progress of where I'm at with fixing all these:

Dervish: Unintentional. We should get some skill descriptions for those.

Warlock: Fixed.

Acolyte: Fixed.

Cleric: Did you mean his damage to undead? Because I'm not getting any bugs with his revive skill.

Revolutionary: Fixed.

Class Selection links for Adventurer and Member's Adventurer: Fixed. [Will be working on this for all special characters, except custom's.]

Typo error: Fixed for everything. [I really had just chopped up that section in the code. I made it because of the nature of the descriptions, and quickly appended it to be fixed.]
Found another bug

Monk
-The "Punch" skill takes 2 aura instead of 1.
Monk: Fixed.
In response to CauTi0N
Found another bug

Monk
-The "Punch" skill takes 2 aura instead of 1.

CauTi0N wrote:
Monk: Fixed.

You're making sure that these really are bug, right? It will take a long time, but the only way to be sure everything is back to normal is to go through the files from the last stable version (1.30, right?) and make double check the numbers against those in the new system.
In response to IainPeregrine
The issue was that when they were pressing their character's skill commands, it would subtract their cost. Then, after that, it would subtract again for a handful of skills in the skills activate() procedure.

This was because we merged into modular skills, and then we moved to character-specific skill costs. It wasn't a bug for any particular class, just about 3 skills. I did a thorough check in the code, and am currently testing every class to check if there are any other quirks I missed.

This also gives me the chance to look at every character page to make sure those are all up to snuff.
In response to CauTi0N
Also,if you haven't already fixed it. Sefe was referring to the skill when cleric damages the undead with the light.
I think Sef was talking about how the Light (level 1 or 2) needs 2 aura to work properly, but only subtracts 1 aura. Try using the skill with only 1 aura - you should lose your aura, but you won't use the skill (no sparkly lights, no damage to undead).

Can someone check this with Crusader and Templar? They have Light skills too.
In response to Sudzzuds
It's actually got to do with the skill itself, not the classes. It'll be fixed in the update. Excruciating testing will occur before I push 1.33.
In response to CauTi0N
Yes, I meant the clerics turn undead skill.

If you said it was the skill in general, then I imagine you've already fixed it.
Nomad:

There's a bug with the fail-safe of Nomad's genie summoning skill. At the moment, you will lose aura (a wish) if you use the skill when you've already summoned a genie (you will not summon another genie, you just lose aura) and you will also lose aura if you try to use the skill when you finished the wave. This did not use to be the case.

I have not had the chance to test Conjurer or Necromancer, but all the same, I've never tried summoning with them when the wave is over... like... ever.
In response to Sudzzuds
Summoning things when the waves are over? Sounds like you Sudz. -shakes head-
In response to Seferiel
Well Sef, I know from my non-sub days that Nomad had those safety measures in them just in case newbies spam the skill button (spamming just loses aura now). In fact, I wouldn't have noticed this bug at all except I've been playing so much with newbies, and I've noticed that somehow, they lost all their aura on 1 wish. Couldn't confirm what the bug was until I tested it myself.

As you said, though, there was no point in trying to test that kind of stuff when I did become sub. So I can't tell for certain that other summoning classes (Conjurer, Necromancer) would have something like this. Kinda means I can't tell whether or not there is a potential bug or not with those classes.

I do have 1.30, but I'm too lazy to test these things. Someone just tell me how the summoning skills used to be and then someone (maybe me) will test with 1.32
In response to Sudzzuds
Thanks for notifying me of these. These would have been tricky to find through testing, so this is a great catch.

I'll mark it down in the list. I imagine the same would go for the Ninja as well when he goes into Ninja Mode (attempting outside of wave) and other summoning classes, so it's definitely a good thing we find this now.

So you guys know - I caught mono and, unfortunately, the most updated source is at my work, which I won't be returning to for at least a week and a half. If you want to host 1.30, that's fine. If not, if you can deal with the 1.32 bugs for a week and half to 2 weeks, that'd be great. It's really your choice. I apologize for the delay - I'm trying my best but really I've been sick to the point where I go to school, and then sleep at home, and that's it.

Expect something soon - I'm logging all these bugs and luckily they are all easy fixes - just some design issues that I had.
In response to CauTi0N
Progress is currently resuming - I've been horridly sick, but things have been clearing up. Don't worry guys - updates are on their way.
In response to CauTi0N
Get well soon sir, being sick is balls.
In response to Sudzzuds
Hey guys, testing out all the characters and I found the same happens with the Necromancer, but it gave me a decent idea, but I wanted to lay it on you guys first.

How about this - if the skill is not related to healing (life/mana healing/reviving) in any way, then it cannot be activated after the wave is over. How's that sound? I'll let this rest a few days so you main players can think it over. It sounds logical to me.

Note: The reason why I think this is because 1) it's meaningless to use a lot of the spells outside of end waves, 2) summons get deleted, and 3) spells like Fire Snake for the sorcerer wipe a players MP for the phase, completely making them useless the next wave.

[Edit: Seferiel, I'm also working on your character - I'm going to do some changes to the math to see if I can get it working. I see what Iain did, and it's not a bad idea, but I may end up changing how it works in the code so we can get it working for you.]
Page: 1 2