Casual Quest

by IainPeregrine
A fast paced, casual, multi player action game with a little RPG touch
ID:287924

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Today, I get on to look at my pager and I get this message from Seferiel

Just got a wave 1 bug, where it never completely finishes the wave, just sits there with the "wave complete" thing in the corner. Just in case there's something on the daemon that might hint towards what it was.

The answer is no I don't have anything specific in the daemon about this. So I decided to do some testing. First I tried finishing the wave by killing a certain enemy last(beetle first, then orc, then bird) The strange result was that it didn't matter, because every other game this bug occurred. Also a strange thing started happening after the first couple of times I caused this error to occur, on a bugged wave the speed of the game increased to about double its normal. It starts out at the first couple of seconds normal then accelerates. My server has been up without a reboot for a very long time now, I wonder if maybe this is occurring due to # of games played on the server somehow cause other servers haven't reported this problem.
P.S. This bug (I think) only occurs with a solo person I need to test this theory though
I've been framed! Call the interwebs police!
In response to Seferiel
Ok I have now pinned down the culprit of this bug. The culprit is leaving the game on a wave before the monsters spawn, I.E. f5'ing as the only person (or every person does so) right before the monsters spawn.

With some testing (Thanks to Linkarena for testing) this is what I have come up with.

If the host causes this bug on wave 2 the result is a sped up next game ending in a wave complete hang up. (Err, when I wrote this I had an idea, tested it on darks server and got the speed up bug but Link did not on my server maybe its something to do with me?)

If anyone (including host) ends any wave before the monsters can spawn the next game will end on wave 1 with a wave complete hang up.

As thanks for testing if you would consider giving Linkarena a week of temp sub I would like to reward his help.
In response to Joram
Some new information on this bug... Only incurring the bug from wave 2 seems to cause the speed up part for anybody. Most people can incur the sped up version by pressing f5 very quickly at the start of the wave. (Not only me like I first thought) So just causing the hang up from wave 2 seems to be determined by how fast (or slow) you hit f5 on wave 2. Any wave after 2 only incurs the hang up no matter how many people quit at the wave start or what class they were. (or how fast they hit it) Subscription status doesn't seem to effect anything nor does the persons key/keys.