ID:28836

Here is the reason I'm so moody at the moment, and everyone's whining is just bugging the hell out of me.

Part A: Couldn't sleep, at all, until well past 2am.
Part B: Awoken at 6am with inability to sleep again.
Part C: Out of bed at 7am.
Part D: Catch the 7:30am train to Flinders St, Train was delayed.
Part E: Catch the tram to Vermont South. Tram was delayed and we had to swap to another tram. The time is now, 9:30am.
Part F: Tram still hasn't arrived at desired location.
Part G: Tram sets me at desired location, at 10:30am, and takes off, job interview was at 9:30am, I have missed it, for the second time.
Part H: Had to walk so many kilometres down the highway, because this tram line isn't exactly popular.
Part I: Find a tram stop, only to watch it take off just before I get there.
Part J: Sitting in the boiling sun, with no drink/food, shade or money.
Part K: Get on the tram only to find my ticket isn't valid in the Zone I'm in, and with no money, I "Fair Evaded."
Part L: Finally get back to Flinders street station and catch the train home. Still -very- dehydrated from the heat, the guy in the chair in front of me, pulls out a bottle of water, and proceeds to take a mouth full every 2.5 seconds. Which in itself isn't a crime, but it does annoy someone who missed a job interview, has been out in the sun for far too long, and who can't afford a bottle of water.
Part M: Finally get home to cook myself a meal and get a much needed drink. Turns out I burn one fish, and the other doesn't cook (how that's possible when they're right next to each other, I don't know).

So when you wonder why I'm not in a good mood, just remember, today has not been my favourite day of all time. With only $13.00 to my name (Ticket cost me $6.40) and no money in sight. City-life blows.

I have enough money to get me to Vermont South again on Thursday for the last time I attempt this job getting.
That sounds like it really sucked >.>
Wow. That's a crappy day.
City Life does blow, I can't do it. If you put Country Text into City then there are problems. People would be ducking heads while I'm flailing a pellet rifel at fat City squirrels, I would gripe at people for stepping on my lawn that would just be a peice of grass growing through the crack of a side walk, and where would I get deer meat and peppers? :( I cringe... Hold me please.

Oh yeah, bad days suck, sorry. :(
I don't think I'd be capable of surviving in a big city like that.
My sister actually went to college in a town near Chicago, and we were forced to drive through the city a few times.
I am telling you now, more people were on those sidewalks than people live in the town I live in right now.
Getting through the big market and business streets takes longer than it should take to drive down any street.
Getting clear through the city can take an hour+ on a bad day, or in the early morning.

Every town I've lived in to this day has been extremely small, and I do enjoy it.
You could actually drive from one end of town to the next in about 5 minutes.

And the entrance to our town is a Walmart.
Even before the sign that actually welcomes you.
Ah ,Wal Mart.

Arkansas' Gift to the world.

If you're going for that interview a third time, I wouldn't bother. They're probably not going to take you because you were late twice. First impressions are everything. :( Sorry for your shitcity goings. Thank god I have a car. :)
Sinyc wrote:
If you're going for that interview a third time, I wouldn't bother. They're probably not going to take you because you were late twice. First impressions are everything. :( Sorry for your shitcity goings. Thank god I have a car. :)

Turns out you were mistaken. I passed my first interview and have been invited to a second at a MUCH CLOSER destination.