ID:2925167

BYOND Version:300
Operating System:I'm using a clay tablet
Web Browser:The Multiverse
Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
                if(K.
)

This compiles

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Compile this abomination

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
                if(K.
)

Expected Results:
the parser to yeet this like Ephialtes should have been

Actual Results:
The code tries to join the phalanx

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
I will
In other games?
Still never
In other user accounts?
Fill This
On other computers?
Part Out

When does the problem NOT occur?
Or this one

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Especially not this one

Workarounds:
Stop writing shitty code
Ephialtes is the hunchback from 300 that led the persians to the passage to route gerard nice-butt-ler, btw
he should have been yeeted because the spartan way was to throw deformed babies off a cliff
I'm not saying that they were right for how they handled disabilities, but I think that we can all agree that we've come at least a few steps forward since then.
The code snippet does actually look a little bit hunchbacky now that I look at it again.
If lummox doesn't yell at this bug as he kicks it into the abyss then is he even a real one?
Bump
Could be a shortcut for an initial() equivalent
Your snippet does not compile, please provide a working snippet.
In response to Zewaka
Zewaka wrote:
Your snippet does not compile, please provide a working snippet.

well of course it doesn't, look at it...
In response to Zewaka
In all srsns tho, the project is closed source, boss man doesn't want me posting the Topic proc on the forums. I sent a messenger to King Xerxes' camp to inform him, so me and 299 of my closest and scantiestly clad gym buddies will work on distilling it into a proper test case for the god king
Spevacus resolved issue (Not a bug)
Cease
:/
If you want that in laymans terms.

The owner of the game I found it in doesn't want me publishing sensitive information contained in the (massive) Topic proc in question, and upon sending the proc to Lummox directly I was told that it's a parser issue. So I'm working on figuring out what exactly in the proc is causing the parser to break and distilling it into a reproducible test case for Lummox to confirm and fix.

So, it is, in fact, as confirmed by lummox, an issue with the parser.
Spevacus changed status to 'Open'