ID:292631

OK i need help I just got windows vista and a nvidia geforce 8600GT and when i join a game if i try to make dream seeker bigger the screen gets all messed up and i need to reboot my pc.... can anyone help?

Sorry for my spelling :P
Deathphoenix wrote:
OK i need help I just got windows vista and a nvidia geforce 8600GT and when i join a game if i try to make dream seeker bigger the screen gets all messed up and i need to reboot my pc.... can anyone help?

Sorry for my spelling :P

G'day Deathphoenix.

You need to reboot your PC? So your system starts to malfunction if you resize the dream seeker window? Or is it that the start bar and and close options of the window disappear and you are unable to close it?

Have you attempted any of the following when this error occurs:
  • Using Alt-F4 to close Dream Seeker
  • Pressing the windows key to access the start bar
  • Using Ctrl-Alt-Del to open Task Manager and ending the dreamseeker.exe process

This is a most peculiar error indeed. Can you link me to the hub of the game you're attempting to play and does this error occur with just this game, or others?

(By the way, short of capitalizing the "I", you haven't made a single spelling error. Grammar on the other hand, a few comma's and you'll be rockin' =P)
In response to Tiberath
Hmm Every game is like that... And i cant do anything Alt f4 window key nothing i have to reboot my pc by unplugging it
i think its my nividia card... not sure tho,

EDIT: hmm i guess i can try to get a pic... i will work on that
In response to Deathphoenix
Deathphoenix wrote:
Hmm Every game is like that... And i cant do anything Alt f4 window key nothing i have to reboot my pc by unplugging it

Alrighty, this is a weird one, let's see if we can suss it out.

[OPTIONAL] To successfully suss out your graphics card, just try to play a 3D accelerated game. Something using the Quake 3 engine or a First Person Shooter of some kind released after 2002 should do it. If you can play other games, it's the BYOND software having compatibility issues.

When you attempt to connect to a game, the Options and Messages window should appear. When it does, I want you to click on the Client menu option, select "Preferences" and when that appears, I want to to uncheck the third checkbox down the list and press okay. This should disable Hardware Rendering, meaning your graphics card wont be called upon to use Direct X.

If that fixes your problem, you'll be able to play games, but not take advantage of the 4.0 icon updates (no biggie really).
In response to Tiberath
Tiberath wrote:
Deathphoenix wrote:

Alrighty, this is a weird one, let's see if we can suss it out.

[OPTIONAL] To successfully suss out your graphics card, just try to play a 3D accelerated game. Something using the Quake 3 engine or a First Person Shooter of some kind released after 2002 should do it. If you can play other games, it's the BYOND software having compatibility issues.

When you attempt to connect to a game, the Options and Messages window should appear. When it does, I want you to click on the Client menu option, select "Preferences" and when that appears, I want to to uncheck the third checkbox down the list and press okay. This should disable Hardware Rendering, meaning your graphics card wont be called upon to use Direct X.

If that fixes your problem, you'll be able to play games, but not take advantage of the 4.0 icon updates (no biggie really).

It works ^_^ thanks tiberath
In response to Deathphoenix
Deathphoenix wrote:
It works ^_^ thanks tiberath

Anytime. If you have further concerns, you know where to find me.

(I so love this job!)