ID:292662

Game: ChaoChatterz by GoldDean

Fri Feb 22 04:06:51 2008
World opened on network port 5050.
Welcome BYOND! (4.0 Beta Version 412.977)
runtime error: bad index
proc name: CheckBan (/mob/proc/CheckBan)
usr: Specs101 (/mob/startup/Login)
src: Specs101 (/mob/startup/Login)
call stack:
Specs101 (/mob/startup/Login): CheckBan()
Specs101 (/mob/startup/Login): Login()
runtime error: bad index
proc name: Login (/mob/Login)
usr: Specs101 (/mob/characters/TailsChao)
src: Specs101 (/mob/characters/TailsChao)
call stack:
Specs101 (/mob/characters/TailsChao): Login()
Specs101 (/mob/characters/TailsChao): Login()

im pretty sure this isnt code related, because i can log into other servers pretty fine and all the verbs load correctly, but in my server when i log in i dont get verbs, its a version problem because im updated with ChaoChatterz, and its not a bad world problem cause i reinstalled everything at least 10 times, why is this happening to me ONLY in my server, and im pretty sure this isnt the creators fault because it was working perfectly fine infact i host 24/7, but how is it just instally it stops working

EDIT: I can host other games and that error wont come up

EDIT2: and im sure im not banned because there was no update between the time it was fixed and the time it wasnt, this happens on EVERY KEY i use and EVERY COMPUTER I own, i even tried reseting my IP and that wont work either
Runtime errors are problems in the code.
In response to Tiberath
How does this happen in just my server, and there were no changes in code durring this event
In response to Specs101
Specs101 wrote:
How does this happen in just my server, and there were no changes in code durring this event

You'd have to ask the creator of the game. There is clearly a bug with the creators CheckBan() proc. Sounds like his list isn't initialised properly when the world is started and when he loads he, he doesn't initialised it as a new list. But don't hold me to that, I hate runtimes, so I avoid them <.<

The only reason it would affect you and not others is a difference in methods of hosting. Other hosts could be using Dream Seeker where you're using Dream Daemon. But I don't know or see how that could make a difference.
In response to Tiberath
theres 3 problems with this,

1. the creator doesnt exist on byond anymore
2. this problems is only happening to me (so far)
3. There was no changes at all from last week to now

Oh and about the dream daemon thing i tried them both on diffrent computers same outcome