ID:292758

well i did some research but didnt find anything exact but theres this game heres the link http://www.byond.com/games/Itachi109/NarutoTheLastBattle it says buy our source now this sounds to me like its not allowed but im just not sure any thoughts?
Well, I must say it is not "illegal" to sell your work, Actually its done in the everyday world all the time. As far as im concerned unless acknowledged otherwise, I'm sure it perfectly fine, i wouldn't worry about it.

But, It is much more a wonderful feeling to make your own
creation, But, If that isn't for you, You just want a game really fast with no work needed, Then go for it.
In response to Nakagawasan
i was just checking personally i think its a horrible idea i mean they just ripped the game off BOTLS/WOTS which is why i thought it wasnt allowed their techniclly selling others work but anyway thx.

be sure to join YDA coming this summer =)
In response to Naruto0727
As long as the game is not "Legally" Copyrighted, Then its perfectly legal.
In response to Nakagawasan
**BUZZ** wrong. All creative works are copyrighted upon creation. The copyright extends from the date of creation till 80 years past the original authors death(In the USA, at least). In this case there are many legal problems. Naruto is a copyrighted work, and if it is a rip, so is the original source. Therefore selling of this source code is profiting on other people's copyrights.
In response to Danial.Beta
Danial.Beta wrote:
**BUZZ** wrong. All creative works are copyrighted upon creation. The copyright extends from the date of creation till 80 years past the original authors death(In the USA, at least). In this case there are many legal problems. Naruto is a copyrighted work, and if it is a rip, so is the original source. Therefore selling of this source code is profiting on other people's copyrights.

I might ask if you're implying it's illegal to profit off of someone else's copyrighted thing without their permission, because I believe that to be true. Oh, and isn't it 70 years past the author's death?
In response to Evil-Inuyasha
70 might be right, I didn't look it up and my memory can be fuzzy sometimes. Point is, it's a long time. That was basically what I was saying. You can't profit off someone else's intellectual work(including things like character designs) without permission. In fact, you can't even distribute if the author hasn't given his permission.