ID:293227

I have been playing byond for years but just got a new computer that is a vista so i downloaded byond onto it and now if i try and log in it says cannot read my key file. I have tried to find the byond .txt file to delete it but it cannot be found on this god dam vista. Can someone help me out?

Greetings The Sith Lord.

You haven't really provided us with enough information that the template provides.

This error was fixed in the newest version of the BYOND suite so please update if you have not already.

Thank You.
A.T.H.K
In response to A.T.H.K
I have downloaded byond 429.999 and it went succusfull. I have had a key for over 6 years and when i downloaded it this time i was not able to log in because it said cannot read my key file everytime i entered my key and password. I have tried rebooting my computer and reinstalling byond and the problem still occurs. I am running Windows vista so i cannot go to my documents and delete the byond .txt file. Can someone please help me
In response to The Sith Lord
Ok well a few things rebooting your pc wont help at all either will uninstalling the BYOND suite since it keeps a few files like key.txt for the future if you ever want to come back.

So you will have to delete it although this was said to be fixed on the newest version but it may just be that the file is corrupt.

So first of we need you to turn on

"Show hidden files and folders" - click here for a tutorial on how to do so.

Now try this - http://www.byond.com/members/ BYONDHelp?command=view_post&post=29715 - and delete the key.txt file

if that doesn't help please reply and i can take you through another process.