ID:293460

BYOND Build Number:432.1007
Operating System:Windows XP

Problem Description: I tried to install byond because i recently had to reboot my system. Now that i try to reinstall it, i get everything but dream seeker with the package. Please help.

Start the pager, and try to join something. The 3.5 client used to use the Dream Seeker as a focal point, however 4.0 uses the BYOND Pager, which is the Blue ATOM symbol.
Darkoro wrote:
Problem Description: I tried to install byond because i recently had to reboot my system. Now that i try to reinstall it, i get everything but dream seeker with the package. Please help.

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say you're getting everything but Dream Seeker. Do you mean the program is not installing, or that you're just not seeing a shortcut for it in your Start menu?

If you open up C:\Program Files\BYOND (or wherever you installed the program), and open the bin folder, you should see Dream Seeker along with the other applications. The Start menu folder for BYOND should have only three shortcuts: BYOND (the pager), Dream Daemon, and Dream Maker. From version 3.5 onward, Dream Seeker isn't meant to launch on its own so there is no longer a shortcut for it.

Does that describe the situation you're seeing, or is there something else involved like an error message when trying to run Dream Seeker?

Lummox JR
In response to Mikau
well, the problem was that i was trying to join games and it would say "launching dream seeker" and would go no farther. i then looked in the start menu and it wasnt there, so i thought there was something up. but today it seems to work, so i dont know what happened.

thanks anyway.
In response to Darkoro
Darkoro wrote:
well, the problem was that i was trying to join games and it would say "launching dream seeker" and would go no farther. i then looked in the start menu and it wasnt there, so i thought there was something up. but today it seems to work, so i dont know what happened.

In case you run into this issue in the future, when you get stuck at this message try opening the BYOND pager and going to the Preferences menu choice, then clearing your cache from there. That should fix the problem.

Lummox JR