ID:293617

URL/Link to problem page(s): http://www.byond.com/games/Ernesto5432.NROTR2

Problem Description:Everytime I try to upload hostfiles into my Hub page, it comes back with a message "Incorrect Format, Download Failed"

Steps to Reproduce Problem:Click the link for Download on the Hub page, and watch for the message on the Pager.
Zip the game via DM, not with your own zipping program. The host files can be obtained as a ZIP via Built > Package Files > 1st option in the DM.
In response to GhostAnime
GhostAnime wrote:
Zip the game via DM, not with your own zipping program. The host files can be obtained as a ZIP via Built > Package Files > 1st option in the DM.

Thats exactly what I did
In response to Ernesto5432
In that case, if you indeed used DM to package the host files, does the website allow a direct download?

For example, sites like megaupload won't work since the download link would require you to validate that you are a person (in other words, redirect you from the actual file).

Also, it would be helpful if you posted the URL to the file download if the above is not the case.
GhostAnime wrote:
In that case, if you indeed used DM to package the host files, does the website allow a direct download?

For example, sites like megaupload won't work since the download link would require you to validate that you are a person (in other words, redirect you from the actual file).

Also, it would be helpful if you posted the URL to the file download if the above is not the case.

?? Website ?? Can't I just link the file into the bar?
Um, not really. The file has to be accessible to others on the internet and BYOND stopped hosting files for free years ago.

It seems kinda off that you would try to put a local file address (ex: C:\...) in the download URL section, people are not able to access your hard drive if you do not tell it where to go (it'll try looking into itself).

Long story short, you actually need to put the zip file on a website that allows others to directly download it.
Oh..well, do you know of any..
If you search the Community forum (or Computers and Technology), you are sure to hit replies to that very same question ;)

For example, my own reply free-webhosts.com.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Ok, sorry though for probably wasting your time, although anyone with the same question can find the answer now, well thanks for the site, and again, sorry.
Don't worry, there are no bad questions, only bad answers, as they say.
I'm glad if I could help (and the comment about using the forum search was not meant offensive, but rather as suggestion on how to get responses to your question a lot faster in the future, since waiting for a forum reply can take a while).
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Well it was useful for me. Thanks for asking on my behalf. ;)