ID:293727

Operating System:Windows Dell XP
Website Browser and Build Number:Internet Explorer 7
440, Or the latest.
URL/Link to problem page(s):Any Game Hub

Problem Description:Well, its just a thought, But seriously i really wish the BYOND creators would stop making so much Members Extra's, i mean how long did the posting comments thing last for the Free guys? Not even a month. Your dragging us away by making so much people that want to play BYOND but can't do much, Me myself i live in the U.S.A And the econimy Sucks, I can't afford to pay for it and probably never will unless all this clears up.

Thanks For Reading.

Jason.
Unfortunately, the economical situation effects the creators of BYOND just as much as it does for you.
If there would be no member benefits, how do you suppose they would pay their bills?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
No i know all the members Benefits has to with paying bills and such.

But what about the people Who can't afford it, If they keep changing Free stuff, to Members Only Stuff, Then how do they expect us to play it?

I myself would love to support BYOND, But i cannnot afford it.
In response to Volcomkewl
You do not have to worry, BYOND is well usable without the possibility to add comments.
In spite of the economy being in the toilet, $18 really isn't a lot to pay for anything of value, and it keeps the lights on here so we can keep new features and bug fixes coming. Everyone's situation is different of course, but at $1.50 a month you could almost literally purchase a membership on pocket change (especially if your pockets are anything like mine). Do what's right for you by all means, but if the opportunity presents iteslf to save that little bit of change and use it to support BYOND, I'd encourage you to do so.

That said, while keeping BYOND's bottom line healthy is sometimes a factor in making a feature members-only, in this case it wasn't really an issue. The main reason hub comments were changed to members-only (the author and their helpers can post too of course, regardless of membership) was that we found hub comments were way too spammy. Backing it down to just BYOND Members eliminated that problem, because as with most Members-only features we've found that people who have invested in an account--and in keeping BYOND going--are much less likely to fill the system with junk.

Regards,
Lummox JR
No, i knew about that.

One Question Though.

We can't send money to BYOND anymore through mail?
Volcomkewl wrote:

You can send a check or money order to pay for your membership. It usually takes about a week processing time once it's received to activate it. The most direct payment route though is through Paypal.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Volcomkewl wrote:

You can send a check or money order to pay for your membership. It usually takes about a week processing time once it's received to activate it. The most direct payment route though is through Paypal.

Actually checks & money orders have been pulled for the time being (due to a change of address, for what it's worth). I'll reinstate the functionality shortly.
In response to Tom
So, basicly you're going to let us send money/checks to you again?Because that's the only way i could do it.Somehow, my paypal account keeps saying that my password is incorrect and when i change it , it says the same thing, any help for this problem?
Volcomkewl wrote:
So, basicly you're going to let us send money/checks to you again?Because that's the only way i could do it.Somehow, my paypal account keeps saying that my password is incorrect and when i change it , it says the same thing, any help for this problem?

Yes, I'll set that up this week.
In response to Tom
Thanks. By the way, one other question, Are you the creator of BYOND or Dantom? Or did you both do it?
Dantom consists out of Dan and Tom.
However, Dan has disappeared into a magical portal to never be seen again. =(
In response to Super Saiyan X
Or he got tired of updating BYOND?
Volcomkewl wrote:
But what about the people Who can't afford it, If they keep changing Free stuff, to Members Only Stuff, Then how do they expect us to play it?

If you can't afford it, too bad.
What's up with everyone now-a-days thinking that they should be able to afford anything they want?
Do you see me with a million dollar mansion?
He is on vacation. (EDIT) Sorry for posting in an old thread. Didn't even bother to look at the date.