ID:293745

Please I'm desperate, I don't know what to do. I've been having this problem since 2 weeks ago. Whenever I try to join a game, and the blue screen appears (You know, the one that says "Connected to world..."), nothing happens, and the blue screen stays stuck in "Connected to world...". Please don't treat me like a noob, I've been using BYOND for 2 years by now, and this has never happened to me. I've already read the "BYOND is crashing when it starts up!" tutorial, or whatever it is. Also please don't try answers like, isn't it downloading, or don't you have pending updates? or, is your BYOND updated? because the answer is yes, this is a SERIOUS not-noob problem, so please help me!!!
Greetings Gaboswsttj.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply to this post with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
^^ Thanks for that, this is the first time I post in this forum so I wasn't sure of how I should post. Here is all the info anyway:

*BYOND Build Number: Version 442.1020
*Operating System: Windows XP
*Video Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS
*Internet Connection Type: Wireless Broadband
*Problem Description: Everytime I try to join a game,from the BYOND pager or the game's Hub, the blue screen that says Connected to world appears, then nothing happens. It won't start downloading resources or starting the interface, and if I try to open anything else, the Pager just won't work (I know this because I've left that screen hoping that it might download and in the meantime I keep working in my games.). I really don't know what's causing this, but I left all the information I could up there. I've already deleted the cache and renamed the cnfg folders from the Application Data/BYOND folder, so please try something else. Thanks a lot for your help!
In response to Gaboswsttj
I'm have the exact same problem, I tried to report it but some guy named tom just kept telling to check byond help or look at the forums. I tried the same thing he has to solve the problem and some how I ended up at the dead end. My byond isnt even in %appdata% and doesnt even have a cfg folder. Can someone please tell how to fix this I wanna play new games, but I cant connect to any. However, I have discover a way to bypass this problem by looking at my friends and joining what they play, but still I want the freedon to join and play What I feel like playing.
In response to Red X Maximo
Also, in my problem, I blue screen get stuck at "luanching dream seeker", and also I tried checking if my firewall was allowed byond access, but it was all good, it had full access to the internet.
And Tom (one of the two persons who created BYOND) was completely right in doing so.
BYOND Help is the place to go when you need help with BYOND.
The same that applied for the original poster, applies for you as well, we're completely lacking any relevant information to help you. So, I'd suggest creating a new thread and providing the requested information.
As an additional step, please open your pager and head for 'File->Preferences->Advanced->User directory'. Note down what it says there, as this is the directory that you are supposed to search for the cfg/cache sub-folders. Which is the point where you should proceed with the instructions that the original poster had mentioned.
First of all, since you mention that you have been using BYOND before, what happened around the time when it ceased working? Did you change anything either on your computer, your operation system properties, or BYOND?

Could you tell me what colour depth you're running on (16/24/32 bit)?
If you head to File->Preferences->Games, is graphics hardware acceleration activated?
What happens when you select File->Open Location, copy&paste byond://67.207.147.44:6031 and hit enter?
I didnt mean to make any offense to Tom, I'm sure he busy with other players problems and is sick of answering people problems everyday, which can be sloved by reading the help. But I have read the help and still have a problem.

I've gone to preference on my byond and "clear cache", it didnt work. I downloaded a old byond to see if the lastest on is buged and is causing the problem, it didnt work. (Sidenote: My problem occur after downloading the latest version 442, which is why I though it cause the bug) I read the entire help and got nothing, I did all the steps to:
•BYOND is crashing when I start it up! Or, it's not starting up at all. What do I do?
•I can't connect to any games: network connection not working / hub server down / BYOND Central down

And I hit a dead end again, so it you have anything else I can try please help me, also be simple about, I an average computer user, not really computer smart, so please give clear and detail directions. Thanks
Well, I gave you some clear and detailed instructions, which you completely ignored, as it seems.
I told you we would need more information and that you should create a new thread, then supply these necessary informations there. You did neither.
I told you that you should open the pager, click on the File Menu, then select Preference and look for the Advanced Tab, which should contain a link to your User Directory.
This is the directory you were looking for and could not find before, according to your earlier posting, yet, you don't mention having tried in your new one, so, I'll have to guess you ignored this as well.
Please try to do both, else, helping you is in vain.
Well, it's weird, because I haven't changed anything in my computer. Well... I updated to the lastest BYOND version, but that's all. But that's all that has changed in my computer. Yes, Graphics Hardwate Acceleration is activated, and I've already tried joining with Open Location, but that won't work either. Like I told you, Dreamseeker gets stuck in the Connected to World screen. But just for online games, because I've been able to work in my games, and download other games to play in my computer... alone... with no one T-T.
By the way, I tried joining the port you left there. I was perfectly able to join the server, so I'm guessing that this might be a problem with graphics and maps. Right after I joined that game, I tried joining DBZ the lost saiyans, and nothing again... I don't know if this helps at all...
Please try to disable hardware graphics acceleration and joining again.
You did not reply on what colour depth you're running.
Yeah, im not sure what that is ^^', and I tried disabling the graphics acceleration. It didn't worked... Perhaps this problem will fix the next time the program is updated... <=S
Do you know how to access the graphic settings of your operation system?
It should state either 16, 24, or 32 bit.
I was finally able to join games today. I have a teory. During this whole problem, I kept downloading The Sims 3 game in Bit Torrent, but I was doing this 24/7. Yesterday the download was finally finished, and I could turn off my computer. Maybe the program was interfering in the signal, or it was because I haven't turned off my computer. Don't know... But thanks for all of your help
Oh, yes, a reboot often works miracles.
Thought you had done that already.
it keeps saying that its Launching Dream Seeker then it wont load anything it will just stay like that....ok and here is all that i have done to try and fix it 1. Rebooted computer. dident work. 2.i toke Byond off my computer and tryed to put it back and play. Dident work. soooo i have no idea how to fix it if u have any ideas on how i can fix it plz let me know. just page me my Key is Dark Omega Teepo
In response to Dark Omega Teepo
The same that applied for the original poster (and the other person replying in this thread), applies for you as well, we're completely lacking any relevant information to help you. So, I'd suggest creating a new thread and providing the requested information.
As an additional step, please open your pager and head for 'File->Preferences->Advanced->User directory'. Note down what it says there, as this is the directory that you are supposed to search for the cfg/cache sub-folders. Which is the point where you should proceed with the instructions that the original poster had mentioned.

It might prove useful to read the replies to a thread in advance of posting.
It just kept saying Byond not accesible it sucks it happen for like 4 months ago i stopped playing now am bored i just want 2 play
In response to Chidori64
The same that applied for the original poster (and the other persons replying in this thread), applies for you as well, we're completely lacking any relevant information to help you. So, I'd suggest creating a new thread and providing the requested information.

It might prove useful to read the replies to a thread in advance of posting.