ID:293963

Simple question. Do extending your membership push you into benefactor status? or is it only done by buying other people a membership?

Also,
Are there other ways to become/further benefactor status? I.e Donating just to donate? Or something along those lines.

Also also...=p

I remember there was a dime system in place where BYOND gets a piece of the money your game rakes in. Is there still such system in place? If so how do you go about implementing that into your game?
King Karas wrote:
Do extending your membership push you into benefactor status?

No.

King Karas wrote:
is it only done by buying other people a membership?
Are there other ways to become/further benefactor status? I.e Donating just to donate? Or something along those lines.

The complete list of benefactors explains it rather detailed:
"BYOND Benefactors have generously donated above and byond the price of their own Membership. Many have purchased gift Memberships for other people; others have simply donated a little extra to the cause."

King Karas wrote:
I remember there was a dime system in place where BYOND gets a piece of the money your game rakes in. Is there still such system in place? If so how do you go about implementing that into your game?

Do you by chance mean the subscription system?
Your game's hub should have a box labelled 'Subscription Options', which contains a 'Give in-game bonuses to subscribers with CheckPassport()' checkbox.
You can use this functionality through client.CheckPassport.
Automated subscription processing, for games which have this enabled, lets the author set up different subscription packages and payment can be made through BYOND--via the BYOND Wallet, check or money order, credit card, or PayPal. The money paid for subscription goes into the author's BYOND Wallet.
Be aware that most games on BYOND won't qualify because they are Anime or other fan-game "homages". However, original games are more than welcome to use the system.