ID:294203

BYOND Build Number: 468.1071
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Video/Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD4870X2
Game Hub/Link: N/A
Internet Connection Type: 8mbits cable
Firewalls/Routers: Sitecom WL-340 150N

Descriptive Problem Summary:
When I try to run a game of a source from me. Like for instance I made a game that I compiled, and whenever I press CTRL+R (to run it) or click on the *.dmb file itself, it will load up Firefox, asking me if I want to download that *.dmb file to open it. But when I download it and open it again, it will call up for another Firefox tab and ask me if I want to download it again, and that repeats itself, leaving me not able to "play" the game to test it.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) CTRL+K (compile) in Dream Maker.
2) CTRL+R (run) in Dream Maker.
3) Firefox will open, and asks me if I want to download the specified *.dmb file
4) Dream Seeker will not pop up, instead, it will make a "call" to Firefox tabs each time.

Expected Results:
To let me run. So that firefox won't open and that Dream Seeker would fire right up with the game I want it to run.

Actual Results:
Firefox will open instead of Dream Seeker.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time. Disabling BYOND app in taskbar and restarting it does not work.
In other games? Yes, other source code of games give me the same problem.
In other user accounts? Only have one, it is my computer.
On other computers? Yes, it occurs on a laptop with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and on a PC with Windows Vista x86 Ultimate.

When does the problem NOT occur?
Don't know. It happens alot.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
I tried the 468 that was already on the download page and I tried 460, but both gave me the same results.

Workarounds:
None figured yet.

I tried deleting BYOND completely.
1) Uninstall.
2) Delete all BYOND folders.
3) Delete every register (regedit Windows 7) rule that consists of BYOND. DOES NOT WORK
Open up Firefox, and go into the Options(under Tools), there's a tab called Applications. Look in there for anything BYOND related(I only have one thing labeled BYOND), and check what this is set to. I have a hunch that your Firefox is set to open BYOND related content in Firefox instead of BYOND itself.

I personally have my Firefox set to "always ask" when it comes to BYOND related stuff. This however will only effect stuff such as links to games opened directly in Firefox.

What you'll need to do afterwards is right click the .dmb file of the game you're trying to open, and hover over the "Open with" menu, then click to "Choose default program", you'll want to select "Dream Seeker" under the Recommended Programs, if it is there, if not, click to "Browse..." and then locate Dream Seeker under "BYOND", and then "bin".

Good luck.

------

If your problem is solved, please remember to reply so that the issue can be archived as resolved. Thanks much.
In response to Mikau
Thank you for your reply.
I had set Firefox to directly open it with BYOND (so it were not to ask me), but I have set it to always ask, no effect.

I tried going to the specified *.dmb file, pressing open with and selected Dream Seeker. Did not work. Just to be sure I tried browse, so I could pick Dream Seeker itself, didn't work either.

I am still stuck with this, and I have completely removed and re-installed BYOND several of times.
And I must note that it doesn't occur with all *.dmb files, but it happens with the most of them I try to open.
In response to Sokkiejjj
What's the pattern there?
When does this happen and when doesn't it?
You have your "Open With" set to Firefox.
1.) Find the Folder Options (I believe it's in the control panel for Win7)
2.) Switch to the "File Types" tab
3.) Find .DMB
4.) Click Change on opens with and set it to Dream Seeker.