ID:294307

BYOND Build Number: 474.1079
Operating System: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
Video/Graphics Card: NVIDIA GEForce 7300 SE/7200 GS
Game Hub/Link: http://www.byond.com/games/TSUNGProductions/NarutoTotTLS
Internet Connection Type: Cable
Firewalls/Routers: Firewalls Clear, No Router.

Problem Description: Everything was running smoothly until I banned some stupid kid. I have banned people previously without any issues, however after banning this one, i've started having issues. The issue is Dream Daemon crashes at random now. I have the Windows XP crash window appear. You all know the one; "[program name] has unexpectedly crashed and needs to close", yata, yata, yata... I'm not in the least bit sure how to solve this issue. I've asked other coders on my design team and none of them seem to know what's going on. I've been assured by everyone i've spoken to that it is "not" anything i've coded and I know it's nothing on my computer that could be causing this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Three things would be nice here.

First of all, log every action on your program in a file (a different file each time you start hosting). This way, you can see what happened just before the crash occurred and might stumble upon a reason for the crash (if it is always the same action).

Now, as you mention the crash message, you are rather sparse on details. You should have the option to see more information on the crash, which would be useful to gather through three or four crashes. That way, Lummox JR and Tom can get to the root of the problem.

and last, but not least, you might want to track the connections to your server. This way, you could see the IP and the package that is being sent, if there is really an outside attack on the Dream Daemon instance.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Thank you for your reply,

I have everything monitored in text files in all of my games. Logins, Logouts, ect. As for bugs, and crashes they should appear in the Debug.txt file. This file shows all the bugs in the game however I couldn't find anything that would cause Daemon to crash. I apologize for the lack of detail, but this is everything I know... I'm sorry...
In response to T.S.U.N.G Productions
Well, you'll have to start gathering these information now. When Dream Daemon crashes, check the additional information presented by Windows and note them down for each crash.
Add more checkpoints and compile a list of actions that ran right before the crash including the respective source code.
Gather a list of IPs and cids that tried to initiate a connection to the server.

When you have gathered these, provide them.
The information your requesting, I would love to get it for you, however the game hasn't crashed. I downgraded my BYOND Client to version 454:1036 and I haven't had any problems at all...
In that case, getting the data and filing a proper bug report would be even more essential.
Downgrading to fix a problem is always the worst possible solution for everyone. You lose out on potential fixes/features and the developers lose out on valuable bug reports that can help to improve the software.
I upgraded and waited until the server crashed (which didn't take long, about 25 minutes), and I took a screen shot of the data you requested. I'm going to stay downgraded to 454. If that means I can't play any other games, so be it.

It would be curcial that you report the bug at the bug report forum (and fill out the form there), since you have more information than I do and Lummox JR likely will have to get back to you and request more details, which only you can produce.
I appreciate you taking the time to answer my posts, and I will make the necessary post, however I really have no interest in upgrading again. I can't be at my computer twenty four hours a day like I used to, so with that said when I host these games, I can not afford to let them go down since I can not put them back up until I get back to my computer.
I am having problems with the games I am trying to play.They won't let me play them. I believe I need another update with the version because my little cusin was trying to mess around on my computer (when I walked away) while I was looking deep into byond. If you don't know what I mean by deep...I am saying that it was during a Downloading Process of something important.
Need help A.S.A.P
In response to Anime xXx Eclipse
Greetings Anime xXx Eclipse.

IF you are the same person as the original poster, you disregarded my response.

If you are not, please create a new thread for the sake of readability and organisation.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please *START A NEW THREAD* with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.