ID:29902

Are you watching this show?

Why the hell not?

It's on an hour before Heroes, so there's no excuse not to.

:P

It's not terribly original in its premise, but it's also not too derivative of any one thing, and it's got an outstanding cast, including Nathan Fillion, with lots of opportunities for him to do his patented "Angry Mal" face, and other great characters. The second episode (counting the two hour premiere as one) features a great "I don't like people touching my bunnies" moment (my readers will know what I mean) from the character of Wendy Patrakas.

It's got plenty of twists and turns, but it's not a total mind-f&^# show where they just make up crap to spring on you so that in retrospect they'll seem clever... for instance, every episode seems to feature a riddle-clue that is actually possible to figure out before they reveal it onscreen.

You won't lose anything if you check it out... but Fox has a history of cancelling good shows that don't instantly connect with an audience, so if you don't check it out now, you might lose the chance in the future.
change blog icon please.
Uh, no.
Please, it makes me cry out of fright every time I see it.
What blog icon?

And, since Fox has never called my house to ask whether I am watching their show, do I still need to check it out now instead of procrastinating? Does it help any if I'm watching from Germany? If I DVR the show and watch it later, can it still help the ratings?
The only thing that helps The Ratings (TM) is people participating in the clunky, outmoded, and ultimately biased Nielson pool. What you can do help The Buzz (TM)... which even pirating the show's episodes helps, if anybody's paying attention to the trends there. Unfortunately, TV studios are still more likely to listen to The Ratings(TM) over The Buzz (TM), even though The Buzz (TM) is arguably a better indicator of a brand new show's long term audience-grabbing prospects.