ID:29911

http://www.pandora.com/

its easy, fun and has helped me to find dozens of songs i like that i never would have found of otherwise.

give it a shot
I'm trying it now... the concept sounds nifty. I wish it wasn't browser-embedded Flash, though... I can't listen to music on my computer at work, so I have to use my Treo.

I put in my personal lord and savior, Tori Amos, to seed my station and the second song that came up was Beth Orton, who I've been meaning to check out anyway. So far, so good.

[EDIT]

After having played with it some more, I'm, updating my initial estimate from "nifty" to "awesome." If I could use this at work, I would so get a paid subscription. Not that the free version isn't perfectly functional, but I try to support a good concept when I find one.
I'm not sure what the features of having a subscription to pandora are, but I can't stand to listen to it if it doesn't let me skip as many songs as I like within an hour. I don't like the free version because of that, so if the sub version disables that limitation, then it's worth it.

I'm too impatient, which is why I don't listen to regular radio and can't stand the free version of Pandora.
I wondered about that, too, but their FAQ indicates it's a function of their licensing agreement rather than a subscriber incentive... so, no.

For me, if I have the option to skip... and I leave the window open or the player accessible... I'll sit there and hit skip over and over again. That's both why I like internet radio and why I don't like it. :P I guess a limited ability to skip is more ideal for me than it might be for most people, viewed in that light.
Yeah, the point in not letting you skip more than 6 times an hour is a safety to keep within the radio broadcasting license they use. But, for me, it is a good thing. It prevents me from just skimming through 'till I get to a song I already know and like. It forces me to become more aware of different music. This is what I love about Internet radio, it takes us out of our safety zone, opening up our possibilities (In music).
What i do to solve the skipping problem is just open another station. Or login using my other accounts.

I have 3. Just to avoid skipping. Most of the time i just use the first and second.

But bottomline i love this thing.