ID:30178

It's already almost half way through 2007? What the hell?
lol, I know
It's not half over, it's half begun
For real. Fucking fast ass year. o_o
I THINK THE WORLD GOVERNMENT IS SECRETLY TAKING DAYS OR SOMETHING
It's because Spring came early. Our year went by too fast because of the Winter lost.
Halfway through the 2007, and still no flying cars.
I feel gypped. I want my flying cars, damnit!

I saw a TV program recently that insisted everyone really truly would be driving flying cars by 2050, honest, cross-our-hearts, it will happen, we promise, with a cherry on top.

I laughed.
That means Spore will be released sooner!
I laughed.

To implement a flying car system, the whole infrastructures of cities would have to change to enable traffic flow etc.

Flying cars aren't going to be anywhere near in our life time, or the next. (Scientific fact, according to doco in tv).
Yeah, fast, and I'm enjoying it. I have a a week and a half of vacation right now. School starts again next Thursday, then I'm free on the Friday after it. And I'll only have 3 days of school in the week after it, and in the week after that I have exams... and then... after that... finally.... freedom.... a whole month(June) of extra vacation...
Sinyc wrote:
To implement a flying car system, the whole infrastructures of cities would have to change to enable traffic flow etc.

Well, not really. All you need are predetermined flight paths (basically "roads") programmed into the flying cars, so that you can avoid traffic chaos. You also need places to take off and land - I guess you'd use the existing roads for that.

Flying cars aren't going to be anywhere near in our life time, or the next.

But this I agree with. The benefit is too small to justify the cost.
First of all, I think most of our cities are fine for flying cars. In all those big American cities with skyscrapers and such- nice, long channels for people to fly through.

Secondly, the benefit is too small!? This is FLYING CARS we're talking about here! People have dreamt about flying cars since forever. It's the natural progression of awesome- how do you always make something better? Add flying! (this doesn't apply to dragons)
Wow, already?
im not gonna have school for the next 3 weeks you know.
flying cars would just bring about more terrorism really..